Windows 10: laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU

Discus and support laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, for about a week or two now my laptop has bee doing some crazy shit. The most alarming one for me is that lately every time I have more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sydrian, Oct 3, 2017.

1. sydrian Win User

laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU

Hi everyone, for about a week or two now my laptop has bee doing some crazy shit.
    The most alarming one for me is that lately every time I have more than 3 tabs open on my browser or if I even open Netflix my laptop will freeze. It becomes completely unresponsive, and I have to press my power button and restart it.

I opened Task Manager while having a single tab of Youtube open thinking at has something to do with streaming sites. It didn't crash so I took a screenshot of what it looked like.

laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU [​IMG]

I've noticed that even when I am not on the internet that randomly ( or so it seems random to me) my Disk will be at like 90 -100 even though I have NOTHING open, like actually nothing.
    I've seen a similar sight right when I log into my laptop aswell.

I have checked for updates on my computer and Firefox and both are showing they are up to date.
    I also ran a malware scan using malware bytes yesterday I thought I was in the clear but today I was going some light online shopping and it froze on me again. *cry

I am no entirely familiar with trying to fix it myself so I didn't want to aimlessly screw with shit but I would greatly appreciate some guidance on how to fix my life laptop.

:)

sydrian, Oct 3, 2017

2. Lag Streaming Xbox One to Laptop

When I stream my xbox one to my laptop, there is a sort of lag that happens every 10 seconds or so where it seems like the frame rate goes to 0 for a second then everything is normal again. I am running the stream on High and when I test the stream it
    checks all the way to very high. My friend can connect his laptop (which is weaker in terms of GPU CPU and RAM) to the same xbox on the same network and there is no trouble.

ValentinVandendoren, Oct 3, 2017
  3. High Disk, High CPU Constantly - Windows 10

Hi, i'm consistantly having high Disk and High CPU usage on my laptop throughout the day - after start up it's extremely difficult to use the pc because of this - regularky the first 2-3 hours of my day is spent trying to solve the problem, restarting,
    freezing and so on.

Obviously every pc is different with different files and software, having exhausted the general guides online i thought i would see if anyone can help from actually seeing my screenshot.

Running windows 10

Cheers.

AdamSibley, Oct 3, 2017
  4. laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU

Worth trying using the Edge browser.

From what I gather, Firefox and Chrome when using add ons put them as a seperate process so maybe bumping your usage up.

I noticed this ALOT when I was using Chrome.

How many processes show up when you click the arrow on the Firefox process?

Worth checking pal.

kingtez1984, Oct 3, 2017
  5. sydrian Win User
    Thank you I will try that! I will also check the little arrow under Firefox I didn't even know that there were more processes hiding under it.
    I'm just confused because I've used Firefox my while life and never has this happened and it doesn't quite explain why it happens even when I am offline

sydrian, Oct 3, 2017
  6. sydrian Win User
    Okay so I tried what you mentioned with seeing how Microsoft Edge hold up, I opened up a single tab of YouTube and luckily it didn't crash but when I looked at my Task Manager things were still looking pretty sad

I also checked what other processes are running under and there was only one that said YouTube Mozilla Firefox
    Here's a picture

Not sure if this is related but my laptop was also kind if slow starting up today, I got a blue screen with some white icons on the bottom right, for a few minutes, before my log in screen popped up.

I don't really do a lot on my laptop, I shop, stream videos and do my work. I don't know what I could have done that made this happen *Sad

sydrian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU

1. laptop freezing when streaming + High Disk and CPU - Similar Threads - laptop freezing streaming

2. High CPU usage when laptop at sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage when laptop at sleep: I am using Asus G14 .... when make my laptop sleep then the temperature was increasing ... i recorded CPU usage while in sleep ... and found that the CPU usage reached 8 to 10 percent idle usage 2 to 3 percent .... from windows rescource monitor ii found the the system was...
  3. High CPU usage when laptop at sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage when laptop at sleep: I am using Asus G14 .... when make my laptop sleep then the temperature was increasing ... i recorded CPU usage while in sleep ... and found that the CPU usage reached 8 to 10 percent idle usage 2 to 3 percent .... from windows rescource monitor ii found the the system was...
  4. high CPU and disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high CPU and disk usage: My laptop has been with this problem for days in which sometimes the programs do not respondor they take a long time to respondI already restored windows and I still have the same problemthe cpu reaches 70%and disk 100%...
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze: This problem started in early February. Before then, I could stream to Facebook Gaming to my heart's content. However, now I am unable to stream on the very same PC that I used to be able to. Problem is, about two minutes into the stream, a process named "System Interrupts"...
  6. High CPU and Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and Disk usage.: My 3 year old PC suffers from high CPU and Disk usage. If one is normal the other goes up to %100. This continues for more than a year. I cleaned my PC, changed the thermal cooler of the CPU, resetted the whole system but still couldn't get rid of the problem. The weird...
  7. CPU/DISK high Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/DISK high Usage: hello guys, I have a Laptop MSI GL72 6QD since 2 days ago i started having some problems with high usage of cpu/disk/gpu more than as the usual. the game i used to play is a mmo but it just started happening from nowhere . [ATTACH]...
  8. High CPU when first starting the laptop

High CPU when first starting the laptop: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) for about two weeks, and have noticed that it often uses a lot of CPU even when I'm not running anything. For example, I can just start up the lap top, open Task Manager, and see that there is a lot...
  9. High cpu and disk usage

High cpu and disk usage: Hi everyone I have an old Acer laptop. It has the issue of consuming high levels of disk and CPU when applications are running. I tried to do windows 10 reset, but the issue still exist. Thanks in advance 82730
  10. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High: Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever...