Windows 10: laptop freezing

Discus and support laptop freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keeps freezing. plugged in or on battery. from watching videos or browsing a webpage. I have updated the bios, tried updating each driver in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexdavies8, Feb 6, 2020.

1. laptop freezing

My laptop keeps freezing. plugged in or on battery. from watching videos or browsing a webpage.

I have updated the bios, tried updating each driver in device manager, tried driver booster.

unchecked pci in power management, tested the ram/memory. redone the thermal paste, changed the hard drive.

reset the pc, clean re-installed windows. Nothing has worked! I have the Asus ux303ua.

Advice would be much appreciated. I am an intern that can't afford a replacement or to take it to a repair shop.

:)

alexdavies8, Feb 6, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 6, 2020
  3. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Feb 6, 2020
  4. laptop freezing

Laptop freezes when moved slightly

Dear Sachin,

the answer to your questions are given below:

1. HP Pavillion p045tx notebook

2.No i didn't make any changes

3. How to check the 3rd step?Please let know what to do.

Sudipta Sen, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

laptop freezing

1. laptop freezing - Similar Threads - laptop freezing

2. Windows 10 laptop freezing briefly every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop freezing briefly every few seconds: Greetings, I have a windows 10 laptop ive had for 4 years now. It is all factory spec aside from a SSD I had to get installed, 2 years ago. Since 2 months its been starting to freeze periodically every few seconds. Every 3 or 4 seconds, it will freeze the mouse, videos...
  3. Laptop freezes on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes on login screen: My computer is Dell Inspiron 3537. After recent update of Windows 10 about two weeks ago I received a video card error on my laptop. It asked me to reboot. I rebooted the computer and it started freezing before login screen appears. Reboot in safe mode works. I did clean...
  4. update freezing my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update freezing my laptop: Having trouble with laptop HP ProBook new as of nov. 2019 and now freezing and requiring power off shut down since mid February. I keep getting the HP sure start recovery "unauthorized change to secure boot keys' message then followed by "unable to complete the updates so...
  5. Frequent freezes on laptop

Frequent freezes on laptop: Good evening. I hope someone can help. I have an M15X laptop and it has frequent freezing episodes a few minutes after boot. No blue screen, just total unresponsive freeze requiring hard shut down. It is not overclocked or modded. I have saved complete error logs but i...
  6. Laptop freezes after startup

Laptop freezes after startup: My laptop Asus X556UQK from 2017 i always use it plugged since the battery doesnt really last and i always use it on mximum performance, but recently its crashing upon start, whether is on the login screen or while its loading the taskbar or the startup logo black screen, and...
  7. Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds: Had to replace the HDD on my laptop and following a fresh install of windows, with no third party software or drivers installed, laptop lags/freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds; The same does not appear when in safe mode; Driving me nuts, any help will be appreciated....
  8. Laptop freezes randomly - ruled out a hardware issue. Any ideas?

Laptop freezes randomly - ruled out a hardware issue. Any ideas?: So one day I'm using my laptop and it just starts freezing out of nowhere. It's not a hardware issue - I know this because I've replaced the RAM and SSD thinking that would be the issue, but it wasn't. I also tried booting Ubuntu from USB and it ran fine, so this is something...
  9. Laptop lags/freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge)

Laptop lags/freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge): After the update, my laptop sometimes lags or freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge). Browser is not responding in task manager and the file icons in the folders lose their image/appearance. When I close the Save As dialog or end task the browser,...
  10. Windows laptop freezes randomly

Windows laptop freezes randomly: Af[IMG]After running for 2-3 minutes my laptop freezes and shows a screen like this. This does not occur when my laptop is in safe mode. I have tried updating the software but it does this before the update can finish. I have tried to reset my pc but it stops halfway through...