Windows 10: Laptop frequent freeze

Discus and support Laptop frequent freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikevoc, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Mikevoc Win User

Laptop frequent freeze

Hi!

My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my disk to 100%. It alternates from CPU, memory, and disk. Even the task manager is occasionally not responding, and the not responding message is also not responding. Recently, system interrupts decided to join the fray and is also using 100% of my CPU.

I read some of the article that said I should upgrade to SSD to fix the problem. I will consider this option should the problem persists and I could not find a way to fix the problem.

I tried this solution:

1. Ran chkdsk and sfcscannow to scan and repair all corrupted files.

2. Defrag and optimize disks.

3. Downloaded and ran Windows 10 update from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 (may 2019 update)

My windows version is 1809 with OS build 17763.678

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Mike

:)

Mikevoc, Aug 29, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Looking for ideas regarding the cause and fix for my Lenovo X230 laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute. Running Windows 10 and Office 2013 on the laptop.

William Faragher, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Laptop frequent freeze

laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop frequent freeze

1. Laptop frequent freeze - Similar Threads - Laptop frequent freeze

2. Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  3. PC freeze frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freeze frequently: Some days ago I updated Windows 10 with some updates, I don't know if that's the reason but after that I had various problems, but the biggest problem is that the pc frequently freeze for some seconds, about every hour or around 30 min interval. It doesn't matter if I got a...
  4. Frequent laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequent laptop freeze: Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my...
  5. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...
  6. sceen freezing frequently in windows 10

sceen freezing frequently in windows 10: Hi, what can I do to help with the issue of my screens keep freezing all the time? I just ran troubleshooter on everything and freed up disc space. This is so frustrating!...
  7. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute: Looking for ideas regarding the cause and fix for my Lenovo X230 laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute. Running Windows 10 and Office 2013 on the laptop....
  8. Games Freeze Frequently / BSOD

Games Freeze Frequently / BSOD: World of Warcraft freezes frequently for up to a minute at times. The game crashed once, resulting in a BSOD. 64166
  9. Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Freezes Frequently: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 10240 and the last few weeks have been experiencing a lot of freezing. I haven't installed anything that would account for this. I ran Driver Verifier and selected two Realtek drivers. This sent the computer into a boot loop which I...
  10. Frequent "Semi-Freezes" on my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent "Semi-Freezes" on my Windows 10 laptop: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop running Windows 10. The laptop came with Windows 8 two years ago, and I later upgraded to Windows 8.1, and this summer to Windows 10, and this November to Windows 10 Fall Update (1511). Since the Windows 10 upgrade this summer, I have...