Windows 10: Laptop frozen and power button does not work

Discus and support Laptop frozen and power button does not work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title says it all my laptop froze and the power button does not shut down the laptop no matter how long I hold it. I'm letting it run dead any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Porpet, Jun 20, 2020.

1. /u/Porpet Win User

Laptop frozen and power button does not work

The title says it all my laptop froze and the power button does not shut down the laptop no matter how long I hold it. I'm letting it run dead any other ideas?

submitted by /u/Porpet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Porpet, Jun 20, 2020
  2. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Laptop frozen and power button does not work SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

3. power button isn't working

Hi there:

I have a Windows 10 laptop. It can be also used as a tablet as well. For some reason when I want to turn the laptop on power button does not work. When I remove the screen from the main part and then re-try turning the power on again this time power button
    works. I wonder if you would have any suggestions to fix this issue.

CoskunCetinkaya, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Laptop frozen and power button does not work

Laptop frozen on restarting screen

So my laptop with windows 10 is frozen on the restarting screen and doesn't respond to the power button. And when I say frozen I mean the animation is frozen and I can't do anything. I think I have to leave it to run out of battery in order to power it
    down because the button doesn't work and I can't remove the battery. Anyone know what the problem is or what I can do?

OfficialNyan, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop frozen and power button does not work

1. Laptop frozen and power button does not work - Similar Threads - Laptop frozen power

2. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  3. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  4. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My keyboard ain't working but the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard ain't working but the power button does: hello, I've tried troubleshooting my keyboard but it does not fix the problem. I'm having a hard time fixing it and trying to find an issue relating to this but I can't find any. I also tried looking for it on the device manager but i can't see the keyboard on it. before i...
  6. My Laptop power button won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop power button won't work: My power button won't work because I disabled the built-in keyboard the power button is one of the keys in the keyboard using the command “sc config i8042prt start= disabled“Plus I deleted the keyboard driver. After the battery ran out it shut down and never turned on again....
  7. My Laptop power button won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop power button won't work: My power button won't work because I disabled the built-in keyboard the power button is one of the keys in the keyboard using the command “sc config i8042prt start= disabled“Plus I deleted the keyboard driver. After the battery ran out it shut down and never turned on again....
  8. My Laptop power button won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Power button not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button not working: Hello, I have a custom built pc and when i press the power button outside the os or in the os in the start menu it does not work. But I used to. Mysleep button in the os also just turnd off the display and the motherbordand fan rgbs stay on but they used to turn off. I can...
  10. power button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button not working: when I click on the power display on the computer and click shutdown the computer says shutting down. then it says going to sleep and the button on the side goes yellow. But when I press the button in it just switches itself back on and turns blue. I have held the power...