Windows 10: Laptop Frozen During Restore

Discus and support Laptop Frozen During Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Initiated a Restore to an earlier Restore Point and the Laptop is now frozen at a black screen (at least for 30 minutes now). Help! Win10 Build 1709... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ALN, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

Laptop Frozen During Restore

Initiated a Restore to an earlier Restore Point and the Laptop is now frozen at a black screen (at least for 30 minutes now). Help!

Win10 Build 1709

:)

2. natpost Win User

N95 after s/f updating can not get back up

Thank you for that, but it didn't help, still the same -frozen at 66 % during restore

natpost, Feb 16, 2018
  3. auntvee Win User
    WHERE DID MY DESKTOP GO?

thanks but no change with this setting -

not sure what happened. Laptop apps became frozen during system last update. tried to get task manager and got message that MS update had disabled it during the update. gave up went to bed and my laptop is now all goofed up. wish MS would warn me before
    downloading updates.

auntvee, Feb 16, 2018
  4. ALN
    ALN Win User

Fals alarm - It just came up. Sorry for jumping the gun!

5. RolandJS Win User
    No problem! Happens to me many times after a full image restore or after any major Windows adjustment. Sometimes my laptop's Windows will give it serious thought and serious processing before I see the friendly Windows login.

RolandJS, Feb 17, 2018
  6. ALN
    ALN Win User
    Really too bad our friends form MicroSoft doesn't show the spinning wheel, or something to let us know it's working on it.

Thema:

1. Laptop Frozen During Restore - Similar Threads - Laptop Frozen During

2. Frozen button during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen button during Windows installation: I factory reset my Asus Tuf Gaming FX504 to give it to my sister. When I got to the license agreement part of the Windows installation right after connecting to a network, the "Accept" button to continue through the installation process wouldn't work. But other buttons, such...
  3. Frozen button during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen button during Windows installation: I factory reset my Asus Tuf Gaming FX504 to give it to my sister. When I got to the license agreement part of the Windows installation right after connecting to a network, the "Accept" button to continue through the installation process wouldn't work. But other buttons, such...
  4. Frozen button during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  6. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  7. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. laptop is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop is frozen: I can't find a support topic that addresses this issue. My laptop is not responding to anything. Touchpad is frozen. Mouse doesn't move cursor. Hitting windows key +x does nothing. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. Hitting FN plus F5 blanks screen for a few seconds. No...
  9. Laptop frozen

Laptop frozen: My Lenove laptop boots up, but then is unresponsive - won't open programs, connect to internet - nothing! ctrl-alt-delete doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen/624d45b0-9a96-4a3b-9a76-5ac3edafa957
  10. Factory Image Restore Frozen

Factory Image Restore Frozen: i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes” [IMG]...