Windows 10: Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.

Discus and support Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I always keep my windows updated with the latest updates. ( Windows 10 1903 ). For the past 2 to 3 weeks , my laptop pauses in between a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArunShankar_g7, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.

Hi there,

I always keep my windows updated with the latest updates. ( Windows 10 1903 ). For the past 2 to 3 weeks , my laptop pauses in between a couple of seconds and then comes back to normal. ONLY WHILE RUNNING ON BATTERY. ESPECIALLY WHILE WATCHING VIDEOS OR PLAYING GAMES. But works perfect while Plugged into AC. I have updated to the latest recommended Windows updates. All the drivers are alos updated to the latest ones. Still the problem persists. Thanks a lot in advance.

:)

ArunShankar_g7, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Juntao Win User

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Oct 14, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.

Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.

1. Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery. - Similar Threads - Laptop Generic freeze

2. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  3. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  4. Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes: I have installed windows 11 in my laptop,I have tried literally tried everything but After runing properly for few days it starts Stopping again and again and my laptop freezes, It happens most of the time when I Play games. plz help me...
  5. Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes

Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes: I have installed windows 11 in my laptop,I have tried literally tried everything but After runing properly for few days it starts Stopping again and again and my laptop freezes, It happens most of the time when I Play games. plz help me...
  6. laptop crashing when too intensive programs are run while charging, but not while on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop crashing when too intensive programs are run while charging, but not while on battery: I have had this problem persist for a while now where I can play anything I want while not plugged in, but everything crashing after a few seconds when I am plugged in. I normally can have Teams and Discord open or videos playing without this happening, however my laptop has...
  7. laptop crashing when too intensive programs are run while charging, but not while on battery

laptop crashing when too intensive programs are run while charging, but not while on battery: I have had this problem persist for a while now where I can play anything I want while not plugged in, but everything crashing after a few seconds when I am plugged in. I normally can have Teams and Discord open or videos playing without this happening, however my laptop has...
  8. laptop crashing when too intensive programs are run while charging, but not while on battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.: I'm currently working and gaming on an Alienware 17 r5 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070). For the past couple of months, I've had a really strange issue. If I'm using my PC for anything other than gaming, whether it's checking emails, browsing the web, or editing music, my...
  10. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...