Windows 10: Laptop gets BSOD whenever I try to boot from SSD

Discus and support Laptop gets BSOD whenever I try to boot from SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been dealing with this problem for over a year and I've just now come to seek help. I have an Acer e5-575-33bm laptop that came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jojonut, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Jojonut Win User

Laptop gets BSOD whenever I try to boot from SSD

Hi everyone, I've been dealing with this problem for over a year and I've just now come to seek help.

I have an Acer e5-575-33bm laptop that came with a 1TB hard drive, I wanted to upgrade so I got a 250GB SSD. The problem is, whenever I try to boot from the SSD, I get a blue screen saying an error has occurred. I know the SSD works because I tried using a fresh install on my PC and it worked fine but when trying to do the same on the laptop, I get a BSOD.

I've tried cloning, using a fresh installation of windows using a USB, I don't know what else I can do. The laptop has no pending updates in settings nor the Acer Care Center.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Jojonut, Mar 24, 2021

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Mar 24, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 24, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Laptops can't boot from optical HDD\SSD caddy :-(

Hello
    I have been investigating *a lot* and trying to boot a 2015 year HP Pavilion DV7 17-f076no (Serial: J1X05EA#UUW) from a Chinese Ebay optical drive HDD\SSD caddy:
    Read multiple forum questions that had the same problem as I: ( Bios can't find a bootable SSD inside optical caddy )
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...find-caddy-SSD-in-BIOS-boot-list/td-p/3278964
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2059129/bios-recognize-hdd-hard-drive-caddy.html

Startup:
    • Cloned a 1000gb HDD containing 100/1000gb of Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a 500gb SSD with a EZ Gig IV 4.6.2 cloning software and a USB-SATA transfer cable.
    • Original 1000gb HDD is still inside the laptop.
    • DVD-drive replaced with a 500gb SSD caddy.
    So far:
    • The SSD (=2018 Samsung 860EVO 500gb) can be used and seen inside Windows 10. ( As a storage only )
    • The 2015 Bios F.43 Rev.A American Megatrends Inc. can not see the SSD from the BIOS boot order. Windows Boot Manager sees only the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy boot-mode is disabled. I don't think enabling it would help since I'm starting up Windows 10.
    Solutions:
    • Faulty caddy ? Chinese sellers sell many multiple variations of different 9.7mm thick caddys with different micro switches. This one had only a 1 pc of micro switch with 2 position choices.
    • Bios is just not flexible enough. Open the 20+pcs of laptop screws and put the SSD to the place of the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy mode ?
    • Modding the caddy. Someone said the caddy is in a "power saving sleep mode" when inside BIOS and it is therefore unseen and shortening some pins would help ? Any experience in soldering the caddy electronics so that it is constantly awake ? This sounds believable ?
    • Cloned the HDD twice to minimize errors but no help I doubt it is because of the cloning process and if it is it is because the HDD and SSD were not the same size 1000gb and 1000gb and the partitions don't match or so...?
    Laptops are not easy...

user33331, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop gets BSOD whenever I try to boot from SSD - Similar Threads - Laptop gets BSOD

2. I am getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever i try to reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever i try to reset my laptop.: This first happen on october when i try to hard reset deleting everything and starting fresh on my laptop, and i come across a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD when its in the process of restarting my laptop. I have tried basically everything, updating driver, running sfc...
  3. I am getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever i try to reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever i try to reset my laptop.: This first happen on october when i try to hard reset deleting everything and starting fresh on my laptop, and i come across a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD when its in the process of restarting my laptop. I have tried basically everything, updating driver, running sfc...
  4. Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs: I have an Asus TUF gaming laptop, it already got a motherboard replacement in June 2021. When I got it back after 5 days I got a lot of BOSDs with all different error codes. I tried everything, changing the windows version, downloading a clean version, deleting the drivers...
  5. Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs: I have an Asus TUF gaming laptop, it already got a motherboard replacement in June 2021. When I got it back after 5 days I got a lot of BOSDs with all different error codes. I tried everything, changing the windows version, downloading a clean version, deleting the drivers...
  6. Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pc is stuck in a boot loop bsod error whenever I try to boot normally and can't boot into...

Pc is stuck in a boot loop bsod error whenever I try to boot normally and can't boot into...: Hello, so basically 3 weeks ago I had a Blue Screen, the code was "System Service Exception" and "System Server Exception", I tried booted continuously realizing that it would keep on restarting. I've tried Reseting the Pc by the Local install and Cloud install, both would...
  8. Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger: For a few months now, my laptop has been been getting many BSOD errors and they always give me the same exact error. I thought I had fixed it and now runs smoothly whenever I am using it, but now whenever I plug my laptop in to continue using it while it charges, I would...
  9. I get a BSOD whenever I try to install the new Windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get a BSOD whenever I try to install the new Windows update.: Whenever I try to install the windows update 1909 I get a BSOD : Page fault in nonpaged area. I tried the chkdsk and stuff already. Im running windows 10 1803 rn and I tried the update a month ago aswell where it reverted back to 1803 after 2 consecutive BSODs on startup...
  10. BSOD instantly whenever I try to run my GPU (Laptop)

BSOD instantly whenever I try to run my GPU (Laptop): I reinstalled Windows 10 a while back as I started receiving constant blue screens and error 1935 when installing 2005 c++ redistributable. I also know for a fact that I have bad ram on this laptop which I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. The main problem I'm having...