Windows 10: Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically

Discus and support Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Forum Members Sub: Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically Mobile Phone - Xiaomi Redme 7A Internet Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karupusolai, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically

Dear Forum Members

Sub: Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically

Mobile Phone - Xiaomi Redme 7A

Internet Service Provider - Airtel withgood 4G signal strength

Laptop used - Acer Aspire E431 and Windows 10 release 1909.

I am using mobile hotspot for my internet activities to my laptop.

I used to get good network connection to my phone without interruption; but when connected to the laptop either through Wi-Fi or USB Hotspot, the network gets disconnected automatically in laptop within 5 minutes, even when the phone is having good signal strength.

Again to restore the connection inlaptop, I have to tap and swipe the screen anywhere every time,

This also works for 5 minutes in laptop and gets disconnected again.

Out of Curiosity, I tried to rectify the trouble by applying various instructions available in internet, but nothing works.

1. Restarted laptop,

2. Run windows 10 network troubleshooter

3. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Network and adapter drivers.

4. Disallowed the Computer to turnoff this Device to Save Power.

5. Changed Wi-Fi AutoConfig ServiceStartup Type

6. Reset TCP/IP configuration .

I will be thankful if you could help me to solve the issue.

With Regards

Karupu Solai

:)

karupusolai, Dec 2, 2019
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Internet disconnects automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve the issue. I understand that the laptop gets disconnected from internet automatically.

As you have mentioned that after a network reset the internet starts working, I would suggest you to check the following settings and see if that makes a difference:

Power Management settings:

We can try changing the Power Management settings for the Network Adapter and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Wi-Fi Adapter, and select
      Properties.
    4. Now, go to Power Management tab.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    6. Click on OK.

Set Maximum performance for Wireless Adapter:

I would suggest you to try setting the power settings for Wireless Adapter to Maximum Performance. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control powercfg.cpl,,3 and click on
      OK.
    3. Expand, Wireless Adapter Settings, and then
      Power Saving Mode.
    4. Select Maximum Performance for
      On battery
      and Plugged in.
    5. Click on OK.

Change Startup type for WLAN AutoConfig

You can also change the start type for WLAN AutoConfig service to Automatic. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for WLAN AutoConfig service and double click on it.
    4. Select Automatic from the drop-down for
      Startup type.
    5. Click on Start to start the service.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically

1. Laptop gets disconnected from phone automatically - Similar Threads - Laptop gets disconnected

2. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...
  3. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...
  4. Laptop disconnects from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop disconnects from the internet: Recently my laptop has been having an issue, where everytime I startup my laptop, or wake it up from sleep mode, it automatically disconnects itself from the internet and I cannot find any way t...
  5. Wifi disconnecting from laptop

Wifi disconnecting from laptop: My laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi since it was updated to Windows 10, I never had this issue before and I have changed my wifi router but it is still the same?...
  6. Laptop automatically disconnects?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop automatically disconnects?: Hey, guys. I've had quite a problem with my laptop for 3 days. In fact, it disconnects from the Internet every 15 minutes (approx.). At first I thought I had pressed some button, but the button to suppress the WLAN is far away. There I could never in my life...
  7. I Keep Getting Disconnected Automatically

I Keep Getting Disconnected Automatically: I have a 2G network. Every other day, my internet connection keeps getting disconnected automatically for no reason. So, I think that it must be the fact that there are too many people, who are using the internet connection. 154372
  8. Wifi disconnect automatically then laptop hang

Wifi disconnect automatically then laptop hang: When i turn on the wifi, after a few minutes it will automatically disconnect then my laptop hang or stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnect-automatically-then-laptop-hang/8bfacdc8-06ad-4911-8ff3-801148d9a5b1
  9. DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS: Hi, my old phone is linked up with Your Phone apps in windows 10. I want to add another phone in this app but I can't disconnect my old phone from Your Phone apps. please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance....
  10. Bluetooth headphone gets disconnected automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphone gets disconnected automatically: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turnoff wi-fi power management in windows 10