Windows 10: Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

Discus and support Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZerOhFive, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ZerOhFive Win User

Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or benchmark. I don't know what could've caused this problem. Also the fans don't turn on when I get it out of sleep mode, my backlight also stops working when this is the case. To answer some questions that may be asked, no it's not on uneven surfaces or blankets. I keep it on my desk intake completely unobstructed. I've never dropped my laptop or done anything that could've damaged it.

Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

ZerOhFive, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode. [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

1. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Laptop gets HOT

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode: my HP envy 360 which i bought brand new, sometimes gets hot when charging in sleep mode is it normal or should i do something because it is really worrying me off. all my power settings are normal and the pc is set to better battery mode...
  4. Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly: Laptop gets into sleep mode randomly. Tried all the options of power management. I disabled the hibernate also but still, the problem persist. I first thought its the problem due to the graphics card. Disabled the graphics card but still, the problem persists. Please help....
  5. HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode: I have a HP Envy x360, and I bought it in January 2020. For some reason, when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, if I leave it for awhile, it doesn't wake back up. I have to hold the power button to turn it off, wait 5 seconds, then turn it back on again. On top of that,...
  6. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode: submitted by /u/FiziksMayMays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewsjlh/xps_13_gets_scalding_hot_in_sleep_mode/
  7. Laptop gets really hot

Laptop gets really hot: Laptop gets really hot and starts beeping and the screen goes dark and light over and over...I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with windows 10 . I have only had this computer for a couple years. I downloaded the Lenovo Diagnostic Tool and ran all the tests and everything passes......
  8. Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode: Hey there, I didn't know turning your laptop to sleep mode and then storing it away in your bag would be a big no no no. Lesson learned. It was only a few hours it stayed in there but the damage I wonder what could that be like? Its a new laptop with very good specs. MSI...
  9. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  10. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer overheats in sleep mode

2. laptop overheating while sleeping

3. asus zenbook sleep fans hot

4. asus rog overheating while sleeping,
  5. laptop scorching hot while sleeping,
  6. asus laptop goes to sleep low power