Windows 10: laptop gets restarted automatically

Discus and support laptop gets restarted automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi i have a Windows 10 Laptop , My laptop gets restarted automatically after when i press shut down option. i can't shut down my laptop it keep on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RahulJoy, Jan 19, 2020.

1. RahulJoy Win User

laptop gets restarted automatically

Hi i have a Windows 10 Laptop , My laptop gets restarted automatically after when i press shut down option. i can't shut down my laptop it keep on restarting itself . i need to use the power button to turn off . can anyone please help me to solve this problem

Thank you

:)

RahulJoy, Jan 19, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 19, 2020
  4. laptop gets restarted automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

laptop gets restarted automatically

1. laptop gets restarted automatically - Similar Threads - laptop gets restarted

2. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  3. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  4. why my laptop automatically restart

why my laptop automatically restart: why my laptop automatically restarti have try below methods1. advanced system settingsstartup & recovery automatic restart 2. msdt.exe -id device diagnostic...
  5. Laptop restarts automatically + black screen

Laptop restarts automatically + black screen: Hello, please I need some assistance.1- My laptop was off and then suddenly the fans starts running at full speed, I unplugged the charger. 2- Since that, the laptop have a black screen and restarts every 15 seconds. 3- The keyboard lights are on and the fans also and they...
  6. Laptop restarts automatically + black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically + black screen: Hello, please I need some assistance.1- My laptop was off and then suddenly the fans starts running at full speed, I unplugged the charger. 2- Since that, the laptop have a black screen and restarts every 15 seconds. 3- The keyboard lights are on and the fans also and they...
  7. the laptop restart automatic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the laptop restart automatic: i let my customer open "Reliability monitoring program" there are two kind mistakes one is "windows don't shutdown properly" another is "windows explorer stopped working" below text is the detail of explorer crash how to solve the problem? thanks a lot my...
  8. Laptop Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Automatic Restart: So Like Everyday, at 7:30 pm I'm Playing Osu! But My Laptop Suddenly Restart, And I Forget To Save My Word File. Does The File Automatic Save Before Restart??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-automatic-restart/f9bc07f1-c158-4e6e-ba9c-7348e056081a
  9. Laptop Restart Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restart Automatically: Hello there, from the last 2 weeks my laptop is restarting by itself. I have noticed when my DVD/CD Rewritable Drive starts showing a green light my laptop machine runs by itself by restarting the laptop on its own. Please help does its software problem or hardware problem to...
  10. my laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop restart automatically: my laptop keeps restarting on its own after reinstalling the windows it show stop code- VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-restart-automatically/2e34e380-77e6-4d22-9305-377f2a914a1f