Windows 10: Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MilindGoel15, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

hi,

there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers laptop, his laptop stays in sleep mode and remains unaffected with the shutting down process.

can this be fixed?

thanks.

:)

MilindGoel15, Jan 27, 2019

2. my laptop gets shut down in sleep mode

my laptop gets shut down in sleep mode when I press the power it again starts dell Vostro 15

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

kirandeepmahanta, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Henrai Win User

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Shut down or Sleep Mode will cause endless Sleep Mode.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop ever since I upgraded it from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the day Windows 10 came up, and the problem is still an issue today. Whenever I want to shut down my laptop or put it to Sleep Mode, the screen will
    turn completely black and unusable, with the power remaining on, just like when you open your laptop screen when it has been in Sleep Mode before restoring to what you've been doing before.

The problem is when it does occur, it will not "wake up", remaining a black screen unless I shut down it by holding the Power button for about 4 seconds. This problem will occur whenever I put the laptop into Sleep Mode or shut down the laptop. It will lose
    all control over all the keys and mouse (expect the Power button), and will remain as if in Sleep Mode even if the screen is open. However, restarting the computer will work perfectly fine...

The only known way to prevent this is to hold down the Power button for about 4 seconds when the laptop is shutting down or activated Sleep Mode by closing the lid. Restarting the computer however allows the laptop to work, so it is just Sleep Mode and shut
    down. Very rarely when shutting down, it will work normally, but this will only occur once every 4 months or so, while Sleep Mode hasn't shown to work at all.

Henrai, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

1. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop Getting shut

2. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  3. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  4. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  5. Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep: So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for power and battery and there is nothing that helps in solving this problem. I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version...
  6. Windows 10 sleep mode gets shut down

Windows 10 sleep mode gets shut down: Hi, I'm facing a problem, when my computer is in sleep mode, after some time it gets shut down. I have recently bought new laptop HP Spectre x360 15" last month and having Windows 10 1909 version. Please assist me. Really appreciate your help. Thank you!...
  7. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  8. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  9. System shuts down when in sleep mode

System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...