Windows 10: Laptop gift from family member

Discus and support Laptop gift from family member in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day, Received a Laptop as a gift from my son who is not using it anymore. It has Windows 10 Home OS. I want to clean out all his old files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertBruce5, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Laptop gift from family member

Good day,

Received a Laptop as a gift from my son who is not using it anymore. It has Windows 10 Home OS.

I want to clean out all his old files and apps and make it my own ,

I have a Desktop and an old Laptop both with Windows 10 upgrades fro Windows 7.

My old laptop has completely packed up and is unusable.

Can I do a complete re-install of my son's Laptop and put my name and details on it without having to purchase
    a new Windows 10 OS?

Many thanks for your anticipated kind consideration.

Robert

:)

RobertBruce5, Dec 4, 2018

2. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Laptop gift from family member

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop gift from family member

1. Laptop gift from family member - Similar Threads - Laptop gift family

2. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot gift points to my family members.: Someone asked this and in reply, there was 2 links and explanation. But when I click community link ,it doesnt work and says 404 page not found. Please help me with this....
  3. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot gift points to my family members.: Someone asked this and in reply, there was 2 links and explanation. But when I click community link ,it doesnt work and says 404 page not found. Please help me with this....
  4. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.: I can't gift points to my family members... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gift-points-to-family-members-it-doesnt/4f348d6d-7341-4c1a-ac75-3cc35014b66e
  6. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.: I can't gift points to my family members... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gift-points-to-family-members-it-doesnt/4f348d6d-7341-4c1a-ac75-3cc35014b66e
  7. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

8. How do we gift point to other family members?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do we gift point to other family members?: I can't find anyway to gift points and every link doesn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-gift-point-to-other-family-members/9140ef8f-49e9-4874-92a9-cba5373bb5b8
  9. Removing members from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  10. Removing members from family

Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...