Windows 10: Laptop goes blank automatically.

Discus and support Laptop goes blank automatically. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive. But my laptop is automatically going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sp shukla, Aug 26, 2020.

1. sp shukla Win User

Laptop goes blank automatically.

Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive.

But my laptop is automatically going blank and no responce to any command even power button.

power button light remains on.

Only way out is long press power button to shutdown.

Please help

:)

sp shukla, Aug 26, 2020
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Aug 26, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Juntao Win User

monitor goes blank

hey, i have a samsung 22"ws and an 850xt. 1 gig of ram and an old xp3200. Every time I watch a movie in powerdvd or media player i can get some of the way through it and then the monitor goes blank and it acts like the cable is not even hooked up. After that I have to reset. Atitool temps are fine throughout on vid card and mobo temps are good as well. I was just wondering if anyone may have a suggestion at to what it may be. Thanks.

Juntao, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop goes blank automatically. - Similar Threads - Laptop goes blank

2. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  3. csrss.exe goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    csrss.exe goes blank: To whom it may concern...I solved this problem but...When I click on csrss.exe... am important Windows process, the screen just goes... blank.I clicked from it from the System32 folder.But after that, it shows a black screen with a cursor. Then it fails to configure a windows...
  4. Powerpoint goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint goes blank: I have been doing online presentations since Covid started, with my powerpoint on my laptop screen, and my notes on a 2nd monitor. Suddenly, anytime I click on my notes, or anything else outside of the powerpoint, my presentation will go blank. I haven't changed anything on...
  5. Laptop screen goes blank while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes blank while using it: This happens on a new HP Pavilion x360. Even while actively using the laptop, the screen would go blank and is reactivated when the mouse is moved. What could the cause?...
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  7. Laptop locks automatically and then goes off?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks automatically and then goes off?: Hello, For some time now, my laptop sometimes simply locks itself automatically with a blue lock screen and then automatically goes into sleep mode. I use Windows 10 64bit, have an intel Core i5 7200U and a Geforce 940MX. Laptop sperrt sich automatisch und geht dann aus?
  8. Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop. When I start it up the MSI logo shows up and under that it says “preparing automatic repair” and there’s a spinning circle. After 15 seconds of the screen goes black, but all LED in my cabinet, mouse and keyboard is on. I have tried...
  9. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
  10. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?: Hey all, I was working on this laptop when quite often, after startup or in the middle of something (random), the screen goes blank and flickers, with random lines, etc. but you can't see anything. When I am able to actually see because the problem hasn't started yet,...