Windows 10: Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

Discus and support Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging connected to power source. The Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carlos_141, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging connected to power source. The Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode I can wake it up afterwards and sometimes the active apps are still there.

I tried a few things which did not work:
    - Windows is updated to newest version.
    - Screen Saver is turned off also, box "loginpage..." unchecked.
    - Automatic Sleep/Standby after some time is deactivated.
    - I set the BIOS settings to "defaults".

All this happens since I replaced the genuine battery with a 3rd party battery no genuine battery available anymore.

Model: XPS 13 9350
    Windows 10 Home

I appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks!

:)

Carlos_141, Sep 16, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

1. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleeping

2. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  3. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  4. When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-your-laptop-is-at-100-battery-and-youre/16416366-3790-49ad-aed0-ccaa4a40c98c
  5. When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-your-laptop-is-at-100-battery-and-youre/16416366-3790-49ad-aed0-ccaa4a40c98c
  6. Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%: After update to Windows 10 Home 21H1, my laptop battery refuses to charge when plugged in but the charge level is less than 100%. It just drains until the laptop is shut down.When the laptop is off, the battery can be charged to 100% and then it stays there after the laptop...
  7. Battery not charging upto 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not charging upto 100 %: Hello, I have been facing this issue of not able to charge the laptop up to a full 100%. It charges from 75% to 80% and I have to repeatedly unplug and plug it to get it to94%.It refuses to charge beyond this level. I have tried the troubleshooting option, uninstalling and...
  8. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging: It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging (connected to power source). The Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode (I...
  9. Battery Not Charging To 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Not Charging To 100%: Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 and am having an issue. ever since I updated to Windows 10, when I plug in my charger, the battery still discharges when I play any type of game so my computer can only charge when I'm not playing games. And normally the battery only charges...
  10. Laptop battery 100% Charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery 100% Charge: My Laptop battery is 100% Charge, but not supporting the computer. In that if I you should unplug the electric wire, my laptop would shut off. What can I do to have my battery work again? it seems as if the problems start after windows 10 automatically updating....