Windows 10: Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Discus and support Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keiem, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Keiem Win User

Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

:)

Keiem, Aug 6, 2015

2. startup

Every time I turn on my laptop and I put in my password the screen goes black for about 5 minutes and then it goes to my home screen.

MakiyaCarter, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Laptop screen goes black after 10 minutes

Which version of Windows 10? FWIW I have W10 Pro (Surface 2 Pro upgraded from 8.2)

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

1. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes. - Similar Threads - Laptop goes black

2. My screen goes black within 2 minutes of playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black within 2 minutes of playing a game: Hi everyone,I just bought a prebuilt PC for the first time and am experiencing issues 5 days after it got here. First five days were fine - no problems whatsoever. Now whenever I try and play a game the screen will go blank. The RGB on the PC doesn't turn on, and I can still...
  3. My screen goes black within 2 minutes of playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black within 2 minutes of playing a game: Hi everyone,I just bought a prebuilt PC for the first time and am experiencing issues 5 days after it got here. First five days were fine - no problems whatsoever. Now whenever I try and play a game the screen will go blank. The RGB on the PC doesn't turn on, and I can still...
  4. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  5. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  6. Laptop screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes black.: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I've had it for 2-3 years. Ive had no problems until recently. I tend to use my laptop for drawing so i like folding it into tablet, usually when I do so the acreen turns black but i can tell its still running, and its rather annoying. It...
  7. Laptop screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black: Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will...
  8. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  9. laptop screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf
  10. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...