Windows 10: Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Discus and support Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ozan0053, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

:)

ozan0053, Sep 10, 2017
  2. AJq8 Win User

USB charger stays on in sleep mode after windows 10 upgrade

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home version. However, after the upgrade when I close my laptop's lid or when I enter the sleep mode through the system 'sleep' button, the USB charger or external cooling fan attached to USB port is
    still working even after laptop display goes to sleep mode. This is draining off my battery. Any solutions on how to make the accessories stop working in sleep mode without unplugging. I always keep them plugged to my laptop & in Windows 7 I never faced this
    problem.

3. my laptop goes to sleep for a second when i plug in my charger or plug out

Original Title: About going in sleep

my laptop goes to sleep for a second when i plug in my charger or plug out

my laptop is hp15r007tx...and operating system is windows 10.

help me to solve this issues

VikashRaj_2014, Sep 10, 2017
  4. ozan0053 Win User

Update: Battery was at 34%, plugged charger in, went to sleep mode as usual. When i turned it on, battery was all of a sudden on 5%, and when i plugged the charger in it jumped to 100%. Then it gave a critical battery warning and went to sleep mode again, but this time it would only turn on when the charger was plugged in.

ozan0053, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleep

2. Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .: Hi,My one month old laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode.What should i do now?HP VICTUS 5800H, RTX3050WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-restarting-after-it-goes-into-sleep/38f41c07-533e-4199-bc2b-4529a9d2560d
  3. Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .: Hi,My one month old laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode.What should i do now?HP VICTUS 5800H, RTX3050WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-restarting-after-it-goes-into-sleep/38f41c07-533e-4199-bc2b-4529a9d2560d
  4. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  5. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.: Hi, My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10 1909. I unplugged the charger and my laptop just went black. I plugged it back in and everything is back to normal. What could be the issue? Could it be my battery? Thanks!...
  7. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  8. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in: Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now? Another interesting story, it doesn't happen...
  9. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in: My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/82a21423-c6ab-450a-9211-a398882fe237"
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps on sleep mode when plugging the charger in