Windows 10: laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min.

Discus and support laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min. It happens often to go to sleep within a minute. It's annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnthonyMaiorca, Sep 5, 2019.

1. laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min.

laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min. It happens often to go to sleep within a minute. It's annoying.

:)

AnthonyMaiorca, Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows goes to sleep to soon

I have an ASUS laptop with Win 10 and a problem with the power settings.

In Control Panel -> Power Options the "Turn of the display" time is set to 30 min and the "Put the computer to sleep" to 1h for "Plugged in" (for "on battery" it's 20 min / 30 min). Nonetheless the laptop goes to a sleep like state after only a couple minutes.
    The screen turns black and the fans turn off. I have to move the mouse a lot or press a key, I then get to the lock screen and need to enter my password to continue working. It's not the screensaver though.

It happens after approx 2-3 min of inactivity. It's very annoying, since it's after such a short time period, that this happens for example when I'm reading a long article or thinking about a problem for just a little too long. Once it's trigger there is
    also no way to interrupt it, it will go all the way till the screen is off and the fans out.

I tried already everything I could think of, but no luck. I even reinstalled Win 10.

The only thing I could achieve was to get to an always on mode. By making a new power profile based on the "Performance profile" and setting the "Turn of the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" both to Never. But having the PC never go to sleep or
    hibernation is also not what I want.

Is there some other setting that could trigger the going to sleep? Or is there a way to find out why it is going to sleep?

JochenStehle, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

My Toshiba laptop (Windows 10) has got into a mode of going to sleep after about 3 mins as well.

I must reenter password to use it again.

Going to the power and sleep settings and changing them makes no difference.

I have it set on sleep at 30 mins when plugged in.

WayneDwops, Sep 5, 2019
  4. laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min.

Computer goes to sleep even though the sleep time is set to never, and all services are disabled

My pc goes to sleep randomly, it started about a month ago. Sometimes it goes to sleep mode in about 10 min and sometimes in about 30 min. I set the sleep time "never" and all services apart from Microsoft's have been disabled.

SalarAmini, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min.

1. laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min. - Similar Threads - laptop goes sleep

2. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  3. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  4. My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.: I updated to Windows 11. After 30 seconds to a minute of idle, the computer locks and after like 10 seconds goes to sleep mode. It is extremely annoying as I work. My settings are all at NEVER turn off yet this keeps happening....
  5. My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.: I updated to Windows 11. After 30 seconds to a minute of idle, the computer locks and after like 10 seconds goes to sleep mode. It is extremely annoying as I work. My settings are all at NEVER turn off yet this keeps happening....
  6. Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...: Hello,After the May Cumulative Update KB5026372 for Windows 11 22H2 when mobile workstations and laptops screens go to sleep the computers are also being put to sleep even though they are set to never go to sleep. This is causing us to not be able to get into the machines...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.: Hi My laptop has recently started going to sleep exactly every 30 minutes even when I'm active ie. moving the mouse, typing, watching a video etc. I know it's exactly every 30 minutes because event viewer tells me. In event viewer, it gives the error as Event 506,...
  8. Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...: I think this started after applying a windows update, but I’m not sure which one. submitted by /u/teknic111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbsg54/desktop_goes_to_sleep_even_though_power_settings/
  9. Why overheating even though laptop power setting is set to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why overheating even though laptop power setting is set to sleep?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.2004 OS Build 19041.264 on a laptop. The power settings are for the screen to turn off after 10 minutes and the laptop to go to sleep after three hours. The laptop is always plugged in. Hard Disk Sentinel is set to give me alerts that the laptop...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise: As mentioned in the title, this only occurs when running fullscreen programs, such as games. I tend to use an external monitor for my laptop, so for space management its better for me to keep the lid closed. The issue is, even though ive set it in settings so that closing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop goes to sleep too soon