Windows 10: laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

Discus and support laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MilindGoel15, Apr 11, 2020.

1. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

Hi,

I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now?

Another interesting story, it doesn't happen everytime. For example, when I am working on something and laptop is being active for most of time and when the charger gets plugged in, it will just charge like it should/it used to do. But now, the same scenario, when I plugged in my charger today while laptop was in active session continuously, it goes to sleep. What the hell???

I would likely get the idea of the cause if this issue would occur everytime when charger gets plugged in but this time it was different than it used to do.

Can anyone help me with this?

:)

MilindGoel15, Apr 11, 2020
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Apr 11, 2020
  3. ozan0053 Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Update: Battery was at 34%, plugged charger in, went to sleep mode as usual. When i turned it on, battery was all of a sudden on 5%, and when i plugged the charger in it jumped to 100%. Then it gave a critical battery warning and went to sleep mode again, but this time it would only turn on when the charger was plugged in.

ozan0053, Apr 11, 2020
  4. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

my laptop goes to sleep for a second when i plug in my charger or plug out

Original Title: About going in sleep

my laptop goes to sleep for a second when i plug in my charger or plug out

my laptop is hp15r007tx...and operating system is windows 10.

help me to solve this issues

VikashRaj_2014, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

1. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in - Similar Threads - laptop goes sleep

2. Wifi goes bad when charger plugged in affects Laptop only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi goes bad when charger plugged in affects Laptop only: Every time I plug the charger into my Laptop my Wi-Fi goes slow only affects my laptop no other devices. This happened 3 days ago.This never happened until my WI-FI gone slower and sometimes my pc would go offline....
  3. Wifi goes bad when charger plugged in affects Laptop only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi goes bad when charger plugged in affects Laptop only: Every time I plug the charger into my Laptop my Wi-Fi goes slow only affects my laptop no other devices. This happened 3 days ago.This never happened until my WI-FI gone slower and sometimes my pc would go offline....
  4. Wifi goes bad when charger plugged in affects Laptop only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop won't go to sleep when I plug in the charger, only the screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't go to sleep when I plug in the charger, only the screen goes black: This morning my window 11 laptop suddenly acted funny. I tried to put it to sleep mode but it didnt go to sleep, only the screen went black, and the screen would easily come back when I moved my mouse. I tried many solution from the internet, change power plan settings,...
  6. My laptop won't go to sleep when I plug in the charger, only the screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't go to sleep when I plug in the charger, only the screen goes black: This morning my window 11 laptop suddenly acted funny. I tried to put it to sleep mode but it didnt go to sleep, only the screen went black, and the screen would easily come back when I moved my mouse. I tried many solution from the internet, change power plan settings,...
  7. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  8. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in: Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but...
  9. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  10. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...