Windows 10: Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

Discus and support Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10 1909. I unplugged the charger and my laptop just went black. I plugged it back in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AadiSiddiqi, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

Hi,

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10 1909. I unplugged the charger and my laptop just went black. I plugged it back in and everything is back to normal.

What could be the issue? Could it be my battery?

Thanks!

:)

AadiSiddiqi, Jun 29, 2020
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Jun 29, 2020
  3. How can I make my laptop hibernate/sleep when the charger is removed?

My laptop doesn't have battery. I'm using it with direct power supply. So the problem is that whenever the electricity goes off or when the charger is unplugged, my laptop shuts down and my work is disturbed.

Is there any way that when the charger is removed by mistake or when electricity goes off, my laptop hibernates/sleeps automatically and I don't lose my work?

(I'm using Windows 10).

Vikas Kumar, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Dino997 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

Laptop going to sleep when plugging in or out the charger Windows 10

Whenever I am plugging in or plugging out the charger while laptop is running it goes to sleep and then I have to press start button put the password again. Its getting frustrating now, please suggest if its just a bug or a pc problem.

Dino997, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

1. Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger. - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleep

2. Windows 11 constant BSoD whenever I unplug my charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 constant BSoD whenever I unplug my charger: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro that has been with me for almost 6 months. Recently I've been encountering a constant BSoD every time I unplug my charger Frequently and randomly during the booting of windows as well. I've tried 2 fresh installs of windows, DSIM cleanups, hard...
  3. Windows 11 constant BSoD whenever I unplug my charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 constant BSoD whenever I unplug my charger: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro that has been with me for almost 6 months. Recently I've been encountering a constant BSoD every time I unplug my charger Frequently and randomly during the booting of windows as well. I've tried 2 fresh installs of windows, DSIM cleanups, hard...
  4. BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger: I am using an Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA. Currently running Windows 11 version: 21H2.After a Cumulative update KB5014019 something weird started happening.Whenever I unplug my Laptop from the charger 2 seconds pass and I get a BSOD error: Critical process died and the system...
  5. BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger

BSOD restart whenever Laptop is unplugged from charger: I am using an Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA. Currently running Windows 11 version: 21H2.After a Cumulative update KB5014019 something weird started happening.Whenever I unplug my Laptop from the charger 2 seconds pass and I get a BSOD error: Critical process died and the system...
  6. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388
  7. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388
  8. Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down: A couple weeks ago my computer started to shut down whenever i pull out the charger so i have to charge it at all times but its going to over charge, what should i do...
  9. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in: Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now? Another interesting story, it doesn't happen...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...