Windows 10: Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Discus and support Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bogdan001, May 15, 2020.

1. bogdan001 Win User

Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Dear community,

I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to "Never" and "Turn off the display" is set to 1 minute, then the laptop goes to standby after 1 minute or respects any other set value.

What I have done

Restarted laptop

Created new account

Updated Windows, reinstalled latest drivers and BIOS

Looked at the registry

Read and tried all found related articles on the internet

In BIOS, for the laptop Lenovo Yoga S740-14IIL ideapad - Type 81RS, there is a setting for "Human presence detection". This makes the laptop to go to standby if no person is sitting in front of it. I have disabled it also. Page 15 here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_s740_14iil_ug_en_201909.pdf

Can you please let me know any thoughts of what causes this issue?

Wishing you a nice weekend!

Best regards,

Bogdan

:)

bogdan001, May 15, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 15, 2020
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, May 15, 2020
  4. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby

Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless
    Adaptor problems, shutdown hardware state problems and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and
    on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

David_Ingalls_ESC, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

1. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off - Similar Threads - Laptop goes standby

2. Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off: I recently received my new Windows 11 laptop. I set the system to never go to sleep in the settings and in the power plan. However, when the screen turns off after screen time-out it also goes into Modern Standby. This causes my laptop fans to stop running causing the system...
  3. Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off: I recently received my new Windows 11 laptop. I set the system to never go to sleep in the settings and in the power plan. However, when the screen turns off after screen time-out it also goes into Modern Standby. This causes my laptop fans to stop running causing the system...
  4. When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different: Hello, I've just got a new HP Envy 13 laptop. I'm having an issue with the device going into standby when the screen turns off even though the settings are set to the following;Screen set to turn off after 1 minute when on battery and after 5 minutes when plugged in.Sleep set...
  5. When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different: Hello, I've just got a new HP Envy 13 laptop. I'm having an issue with the device going into standby when the screen turns off even though the settings are set to the following;Screen set to turn off after 1 minute when on battery and after 5 minutes when plugged in.Sleep set...
  6. laptop freezes when screen is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop freezes when screen is turned off: I have set my screen to turn off after 15 min of inactivity, but sometimes when laptop's screen is turned off it freezes and can't be turned on. The laptop itself is still turned on keyboard glows and cooling works, but i don't think its working then when this happens during...
  7. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  9. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  10. Laptop enters standby when windows turns off the monitors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop enters standby when windows turns off the monitors: I have an annoying issue in my machine: Whenever Windows turns off the monitors after an idle timeout, it also puts the machine in standby. I've checked all the usual suspects in the control panel: * Sleep After * System Unattended Sleep Timeout * Hibernate After I've...