Windows 10: Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor

Discus and support Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When laptop is connected VIA HDMI to 43 Inch TV as a monitor and connected to power supply it goes to sleep in 30 Sec. tried various cables directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lenovo2061, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor

When laptop is connected VIA HDMI to 43 Inch TV as a monitor and connected to power supply it goes to sleep in 30 Sec.

tried various cables directly in HDMI port and via an adaptor via USB 3

With same setup with laptop connected to a 24 inch monitor via HDMI all is fine.

If the 43 inch TV is connected and the laptop is on battery power all is fine.

Of course the first recommendation is to look at power settings but how could they vary depending on the type of monitor at the end of the HDMI cable???

Thanks for the help

:)

Lenovo2061, Mar 27, 2020

2. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 27, 2020
  3. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

I have an HP monitor w1907v operating on Windows 10. It was working fine, but now keeps going to sleep. It opens up but as soon as I start work (within 1 to 10 secs) it says "monitor going to sleep" & goes blank. Tried complete power down & reconnecting
    all plugs & cables, but no improvment. I'm now using an old TV screen until I can solve the problem with the HP monitor. Any clues out there as to what I can do?

ruthaldridge, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor

Laptop Connection to External TV used as Monitor

What actions have tried to solve the problem?

What version of W10 are you on?

What was the upgrade that was applied ?

Try > turn off your laptop > disconnect external monitor connection (TV) > restart laptop > reconnect external monitor (TV) > is the TV recognised ?

or:

Turn off laptop > disconnect Monitor > restart laptop > re-install graphics driver from laptop manufacturers website > Restart laptop > re-connect monitor > is monitor recognised ?

Shilohbob, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor

1. Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  6. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  7. laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs: I have windows 11 home edition my device sleeps or we can say goes to lockscreen after 30 seconds or so but the time some times varies to o I have tried contacting support but it didnt help then I saw a post...
  8. laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs

laptop going to sleep almost after 30 secs: I have windows 11 home edition my device sleeps or we can say goes to lockscreen after 30 seconds or so but the time some times varies to o I have tried contacting support but it didnt help then I saw a post...
  9. Laptop locks after 30 seconds when plugged into a monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop locks after 30 seconds when plugged into a monitor: I will literally give gold to anyone who can solve this problem, it's so annoying and no one's been able to solve it yet. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad and it's running Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, when it's plugged into a monitor, after 30 seconds of inactivity my screen...
  10. When wakeing up from "Sleep" 30 sec. until active desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    When wakeing up from "Sleep" 30 sec. until active desktop.: I am using build #9926 with all updates to drivers and Win 10 TP. I have a system with 3 SSD's one for Win 7, Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP. When putting the computer to sleep (S3) all goes well. When I try to wake up, using mouse or keyboard, the desktop screen pops right up....