Windows 10: Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

Discus and support Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6%... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Adam Chrissy, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

Hi

My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes the computer and I can sign in and all my work is open as before.

I went to the 'Power and Sleep' settings and under Screen told it to 'never 'turn off when on battery or mains power. I then told it to 'never' sleep on battery power or when its plugged in and yet the problem persist - is there another way of making sure it doesn't go to sleep - or does it sound like it could be an issue with the battery itself?

Many Thanks

:)

Adam Chrissy, Oct 6, 2018
  2. MRK4047 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep & Power Settings

Hi All,

I am having a continuous problem with my HP Envy Laptop. First my mouse would not bring the laptop out of sleep mode. I went back into the power/sleep settings tried to correct that issue. Now my mouse will bring the laptop back from sleep mode. At least
    I think it is sleep mode. However, when I shut down my laptop, the power light is still on and does not go off. I have to hold it down for a few seconds before it actually shuts down. Does any know the actual or proper settings fir the power/sleep modes
    for a laptop. In my research, they PC experts say not to put a laptop into hibernate mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the power/sleep mode settings for this thing to perform correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

MRK4047, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

Laptop going to sleep when i play games

Hi Sammy,

There may be some issues with your settings that lead to this problem when you play games on the laptop. Kindly answer these questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you start the device again?
    • Did the issue start after applying changes or installing updates on your laptop?
    • Does the problem happen when the device is plugged in to a power source?

To know how you can check if updates were installed on your device, go to
    this page

Let's review the Power & sleep settings to further identify the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & sleep.
    • See if any of the current settings enable Sleep when using your laptop.

You can also run the Power Troubleshooter to get more details about the issue. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Power and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you find anything.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

1. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  3. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  4. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  5. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  6. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  7. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  8. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  9. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465
  10. Laptop power button and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop power button and sleep settings: Hi all, I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put...