Windows 10: Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

Discus and support Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never") in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jul 25, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE MAKES MY PC LAG

After you install the update, there's numerous backend processes that run. I'd wait for those to finish before running your benchmarks. It can take a few days if your computer never gets a lot of idle time, so I usually recommend setting your power options
    to "never sleep" and then letting it idle overnight to finish.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 25, 2016
  3. nancylea Win User
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode-Won't Wake Up!!!

I had the same issue and did this workaround: Under Settings, choose System, then Power & Sleep. Under "on battery, go to sleep", I chose NEVER, and under "when plugged in, go to sleep", I chose NEVER

nancylea, Jul 25, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

Is it actually sleeping or just blanking the screen?

bobkn, Jul 25, 2016
  5. I've tried resetting the power options to default as well.

AshleyQuick, Jul 26, 2016
  6. vanowm Win User
    Had exact same issue, power plan set to go sleep after 2 hours, but computer would SOMETIMES go to sleep after 2 minutes.

The solution was delete the following registry key (make sure you create a backup first!):
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues[/quote] (this solution was found at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...074fa08?auth=1)

vanowm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

1. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never") - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  3. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  4. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  6. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings

Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings: Hi! Our family laptop is not going into sleep mode when idle. It also sounds like it is processing something all the time even when not used. I already checked the power management options. Next, I used a diagnostics tool to pinpoint what it is that prevents the...
  7. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings

Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings: Hi! Our family laptop is not going into sleep mode when idle. It also sounds like it is processing something all the time even when not used. I already checked the power management options see attachment 1. Next, I used a diagnostics tool to pinpoint what it is that...
  8. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  9. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...: Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless Adaptor problems,...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings: Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows power option never sleep when idle