Windows 10: Laptop GPU graphic cards

Discus and support Laptop GPU graphic cards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with an integrated Intel graphics card and an nvidia 1650 ti graphics card. Whenever I go into the nvidia control panel, it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James_42069, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Laptop GPU graphic cards

I have a laptop with an integrated Intel graphics card and an nvidia 1650 ti graphics card. Whenever I go into the nvidia control panel, it does not show any display settings for my laptop and games, which I found out is caused by the integrated intel graphics card controlling my display settings for my pc. So then I disabled the intel card and tried running the nvidia control panel, but it said my laptop is not attached to a display with an nvidia gpu. Is there any way I can gain access to these display settings within the nvidia control panel or are my display settings just permanently contr

:)

James_42069, Apr 27, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Laptop GPU graphic cards

Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop GPU graphic cards

1. Laptop GPU graphic cards - Similar Threads - Laptop GPU graphic

2. Help with graphic card changing between GPU-0 3D and GPU-1 Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with graphic card changing between GPU-0 3D and GPU-1 Copy: I have a lenovo laptop and since i buyed it ,games are using GPU-1 Copy sometimes .but most of the times they are using GPU-0 3D .The GPU 0 is the integrated and the GPU 1 is the dedicated nvidia GPU,I searched up on youtube some tests on my laptop and they have 100-200 fps...
  3. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  4. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  5. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 computer graphic card to e-GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 computer graphic card to e-GPU: When I use photo editing/video editing software on computer some time I face problem because the graphic card is Intel HD Graphics 620. As on laptop we can not change I guess graphic card I wonder if, I can use external graphic card known as e-GPU. Would you mind sharing...
  7. drivers of graphics card laptop

drivers of graphics card laptop: look I have a problem with the dedicated graphics card drivers of my laptop, for some reason when you upgrade to windows 10 this stop working only works the dedicated one, the name of the graph is radeon hd 8600/8700m in windows 8.1 works perfectly but in windows 10 does not,...
  8. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  9. Laptop Using Backup Graphics Card

Laptop Using Backup Graphics Card: Dell XPS 15 laptop, just over a year old. Using Windows 10. Problem started a couple months ago maybe with a Windows update, not 100% sure but I've only had time to seriously delve into it now. It came with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design graphics card....
  10. Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC: How to: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC How to Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC A Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is a single-chip processor primarily used to manage and boost the performance of video and graphics. A graphics card...