Windows 10: Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Discus and support Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SagasanoverOP, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated by a second for about 4-5 times before the entire laptop slows down. Even the task manager doesn't show anything different when this happens. I have tried everything yet nothing fixes. Something works once but doesn't work the second time I try to do it.

I5-4210u, 12gb ddr3 ram, 1tb HDD, HD 4400 are my specs. Any help would be appreciated

:)

SagasanoverOP, Apr 8, 2021

2. laptop hanging for a minutes after the last updates of win 10

Hello Raahul,

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the last update which causes the issue?

If you don’t want the resent update, I suggest you to uninstall the update and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to settings and click on update & Security.

• Click on Update History and uninstall the update from the list.
    Hope it helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

1. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update - Similar Threads - Laptop hangs minutes

2. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  3. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  4. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.: If I leave my computer for about 15 minutes it starts lagging a lot. examples: Commands are not responsive; When I drag a window it slows down like a smooth slow motion; Can't play anything game, videos...; It's hard for me to even write this thread. I've tried...
  6. Games crashing after 15 minutes?

Games crashing after 15 minutes?: Hi all, recently built a pc consisting of the following Gigabyte Aorus B450m Board Ryzen 5 3600x Radeon 5700xt 16gb Corsair vengeance rg pro 3200mhz 2x8gb Samsung m.2 500gb 970 pro Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze power supply Nzxt Kraken AIO cooler Unfortunately after 15...
  7. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working after 15 minutes: Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts...
  8. Windows 10 hangs after 10ish minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs after 10ish minutes: I upgraded from windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64. Since the first time I upgraded, it's all good the first 10ish minutes, and then nothing works. If I open a new tab in Edge, that one doesn't load. If I click a link on an existing page, it doesn't load. The windows...
  9. Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes: Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found it works fine on other computers.) but i cant figure out why my screen goes black but the computer keeps running. I can hear...
  10. Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming: My laptop has recently begun shutting itself off after about 10 minutes of playing games. This is very recent and does not seem to be an issue of overheating, I have attached an external fan and the laptop is not hot when it turns off. It also does not seem to be an issue of...