Windows 10: Laptop hangs on startup

Discus and support Laptop hangs on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After loading software for a graphics tablet my old Win 10 laptop it now hangs when starting. I removed the software in safe mode but the problem still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yorkie427, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Yorkie427 Win User

Laptop hangs on startup

After loading software for a graphics tablet my old Win 10 laptop it now hangs when starting. I removed the software in safe mode but the problem still exists. None of the recovery procedures have worked therefore I think it would be best to 'refresh' the Windows software. My original installation was Win 7 and it was upgraded when Microsoft offered the Win 10 uprgrade as a free download. If I refresh my system will it revert back to Win 7 or will it recognise the upgrade? Sorry if my terminology isn't correct.

:)

Yorkie427, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 9, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Laptop hangs on startup

Windows 10 hangs at startup

To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, follow the steps below:

• Boot the computer normally.
    • While on boot, click the power button to force shutdown the computer.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times to get the Automatic Repair option.
    • Select Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • When the computer reboots and the Startup Settings menu appears, press
      5 to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Enter your username and password to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop hangs on startup

1. Laptop hangs on startup - Similar Threads - Laptop hangs startup

2. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app hangs on startup.: Whenever I open the Settings app on my computer, it just hangs here for a couple of seconds and just crashes. One time, I got an error saying there was no app associated with ms-settings. Can somebody help me so that I can update Windows?...
  3. Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in: Hi everyone, I recently bought myself a Dell G15 gaming laptop. Everything works well... however I noticed that it hangs on startup if it's not plugged in. It will load my windows and files, and after a minute or so, I won't be able to move the cursor and the laptop crashes....
  4. Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in: Hi everyone, I recently bought myself a Dell G15 gaming laptop. Everything works well... however I noticed that it hangs on startup if it's not plugged in. It will load my windows and files, and after a minute or so, I won't be able to move the cursor and the laptop crashes....
  5. Slow Startup and hanging laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup and hanging laptop: My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my hard disk, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of...
  6. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  7. Windows hanging on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hanging on startup: The last few weeks i have been having many issues with windows. Task manager not responding. Task manager taking forever and a day to end task. Windows hanging on the loading screen when booting up. Sometimes it will hang there until i reset the computer manually. Other...
  8. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  9. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...
  10. Taskbar hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hangs on startup: Hello, I'm having this really annoying problem. My taskbar totally hangs after booting my PC, I can't click the start button or the multi-desktop or notifications, the clock is stuck too, not updating. When I put the cursor on the taskbar, the loading blue disk appears and...