Windows 10: Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared

Discus and support Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Windows 10 and when I start up my laptop today, I've noticed that the Microsoft Account notification came out. After that I can't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kzwkrain, Sep 30, 2016.

1. kzwkrain Win User

Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 and when I start up my laptop today, I've noticed that the Microsoft Account notification came out. After that I can't click anything but the mouse is able to move.

This is what it says:
    "Microsoft Account
    You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices..."

This happens a few seconds after loading into the screen, whenever the Microsoft Account notification came out. I can't click anything and the keyboard shortcuts aren't working as well.

I've tried force closing to enter Safe Mode. Then tried to uninstall some apps. I've tried uninstalling Microsoft related products such as Microsoft Office 2016, but I'm unable to because I'm in Safe Mode. I've also tried to scannow command in Safe Mode and restart my laptop. No luck as well. Tried the clean boot, also nope.

So I just leave it there and let it hang for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes or so, I've noticed that on the top right there is a pop up screen that says Windows Unresponsive(or something like that). Then it refresh my screen. But it still hangs there.

Any idea how I can fix this problem? Thank you.

:)

kzwkrain, Sep 30, 2016
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Sep 30, 2016
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. Aomat Win User

Hey,

try going to your Windows 10 Settings, submenu Privacy, and then General. Set the following options off:

"Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device”
    “Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device”

Aomat, Sep 30, 2016
  5. kzwkrain Win User
    Okay. I will try that. But I'm faced with a new problem!!

I've been finding lots of ways to fix this problem and now I got a "unmountable boot volume" error so I can't start up. I feel so stupid right now.

This happens when I boot my laptop with Safe Mod w/ network. Trying to fix this now first.

kzwkrain, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Aomat Win User
    Hello,

do you have your Windows 10 boot media available? If not, burn an ISO to a USB stick using Rufus, and do the following:

1) Select the USB as your boot device when starting your computer
    2) Move forward with the installation until you see "Repair your computer" in the bottom left corner
    3) Enter CMD (Command Line Prompt, probably under "Advanced")
    4) Type diskpart
    5) list disk
    6) select disk 0 (choose the number that represents the disk your OS is installed on)
    7) Bootrec /fixmbr
    8) Bootrec /fixboot
    9) chkdsk /f

Once you have run the above commands, simply type Exit to close diskpart and cmd, and turn off your PC from the menu.

Aomat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared - Similar Threads - Laptop hangs Microsoft

2. Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart notification appears when restart is not needed: Most times I load up my laptop a notification appears saying restart required for my HID-Compliant Touch Screen even though everything is working fine. Is there any way to stop getting this notification on load up?...
  3. Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart notification appears when restart is not needed: Most times I load up my laptop a notification appears saying restart required for my HID-Compliant Touch Screen even though everything is working fine. Is there any way to stop getting this notification on load up?...
  4. "Microsoft account problem" notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Microsoft account problem" notification: From my computer 21 Nov 2020 [ATTACH] The next three images are from www.tenforums.com [ATTACH] from tenforums.com 10 Jun 2019 [ATTACH] from tenforums.com 13 Mar 2020 [ATTACH] from tenforums.com 16 Jul 2019 Question: When is Microsoft going to fix what is...
  5. Notification "Microsoft Account Problem"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification "Microsoft Account Problem": Recently I have made a number of password changes in a failed effort to recover my Skype account. I now have a password that works for my Microsoft Account and my Microsoft Community however I keep getting a notification that reads: "Microsoft Account Problem, We need to fix...
  6. Microsoft account problem notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account problem notification: I don't know why I keep getting this message. I have tried all the suggestions online and none of them have worked. So I am about ready to get rid of both of my microsoft accounts and go with someone else. This is a problem because I am obviously not the only person having...
  7. Microsoft Account Problem Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Problem Notification: Hello. The latest windows update was installed on my computer over the weekend. All of the sudden I get the "Microsoft Account Problem Notification" and I have to sign in, give password, then press fixed, and everything is fine. I have to do this periodically when my...
  8. Microsoft account notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account notification: Every day I get notification that "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has been probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences" I reset it, but next day its back again. I keep correcting it but it still keeps...
  9. Unusual Notification in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unusual Notification in Microsoft Account: Need explanation with an unusual notification in my Microsoft account showing that one of my Computers is "Not Up to date" showing OS Build 10.0.18363.476 (updates available as of 11/12/2019) I have deleted this Update twice and re-installed the Update Win 10 Version 1909...
  10. Microsoft Account notification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account notification: Not really sure what category to put this in....I went to my laptop running W10 and there was a notififcation that says: [ATTACH] I did not change my password; I'm hesitant to do anything until I get some feedback from the pros. Thank you in advance!...