Windows 10: laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

Discus and support laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dessieval, May 20, 2019.

1. dessieval Win User

laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my power and sleep settings all of the turn off times are set to 30 minutes, same as in the advanced power settings. Also, it makes no difference if I have Multiple Displays on 'extend' or 'duplicate', or if I'm showing only on my external monitor. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, as this is beyond annoying. Thank you!

:)

dessieval, May 20, 2019
  2. rpol16 Win User

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks in correctly. However, after a few times of working correctly, my monitor begins to turn off again.

rpol16, May 20, 2019
  3. rpol16 Win User
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

At first I just thought my display turns off. It turns out that my monitor turns off because the system goes to sleep. For some reason, the system goes into sleep mode before the screen saver setting activates. After 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity, my laptop simply goes into sleep mode.

rpol16, May 20, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times... - Similar Threads - laptop hard drive

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after inactivity because of cvtres.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after inactivity because of cvtres.exe: Hi. I put the setting for my monitor to turn off after 10 mins of inactivity, but it never turns off. When i run powercfg /requests in cmd, i get this:C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requestsDISPLAY:[PROCESS]...
  3. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  5. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????

Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????: Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. What must I do to get this fixed???? I do NOT want my computer to sleep, but I do want the monitors to power off....
  7. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...
  8. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...