Windows 10: Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can I take the hard drive from my laptop (store bought) that has windows 10, and use it in a computer as the hard drive? submitted by /u/FastestFetus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FastestFetus, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10

Can I take the hard drive from my laptop (store bought) that has windows 10, and use it in a computer as the hard drive?

submitted by /u/FastestFetus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FastestFetus, Nov 29, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10

1. Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop Hard Drive

2. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  3. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  4. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive: hello I removed the hard drive from my laptop windows10 because it was too slow and I connected my hard drive as a slave to a computer but when connecting it and accessing the disk it told me that I had bitlocker and I couldn't see the data on my hard drive but When accessing...
  6. Windows 10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 hard drive: My HDD says it's full even AFTER I deleted all the pictures from it. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive/2f1c4677-23b6-4c76-a4da-a75fb1d5c6c9
  7. hard drive not connecting to laptop

hard drive not connecting to laptop: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I took out my old laptop's hard drive to recover data because the laptop was completely dead and to possibly use as an external hard drive, im trying to connect it to my new laptop with a sata to usb cable but every time i plug it...
  8. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive: I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope. I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that.. "you are using a already runing hard drive so window can not be install and i may not work on this pc.. Please insert back...
  9. Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop: I am not sure if the other posts mention anything like this before but: Recently, my Wins10 laptop malfunction and I am not sure exactly how; laptop made beeps relating to CMOS battery (fixed) and cannot read hard drive (or something; not fixed). Anyhow, I acquired another...
  10. hard drive, microsoft laptop, windows 10

hard drive, microsoft laptop, windows 10: My new laptop is not recognizing my external GDrive. I have troubleshot, updated drivers, and found it in Disk Management. However, I am unable to assign a drive letter as all options are greyed out. HELP....