Windows 10: Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I...

Discus and support Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CantGamefoShit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CantGamefoShit, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I...

/u/CantGamefoShit, Nov 26, 2020

2. Not all ram usable in asus laptop with 8gb of ram usable 5.95 gb ryzen 3200U

UPDATE I took apart to see what is wrong and it looks like I have 4 gb of ram and I was supposed to have 8gb of ram and the system apparently recognisees as 8gb of dual channel ram

kartiknischal, Nov 26, 2020
  3. VRatta Win User
    Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop,

the Laptop default spec:

• Window 10 64bit
    • 4gb Nvidia gtx1650
    • 8gb ddr4 ram
    The issue is that I bought a new Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM stick (same speed as a default RAM stick) in hope to upgrade my laptop to 16gb RAM, however, after installed, I check the system information and its still only showed 8gb of Physical RAM, the task manager
    also only showed 8gb, however the Virtual memory showed 15.9gb. So I am not sure if its suppose to be like this since I spent money to upgrade physical RAM.

Thanks

VRatta, Nov 26, 2020
  4. prashii Win User

Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I...

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I...

1. Laptop has 8GB of RAM, is it supposed to be at 54% with barely anything running, like I... - Similar Threads - Laptop has 8GB

2. barely anything works

in Windows 10 Customization
    barely anything works: ok so I think my main issue is that shift is stuck so I can't use any punctuations no numbers can't even scroll down without clicking the slider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/barely-anything-works/7fae9c70-b15b-4010-bd99-b062446c1e1e
  3. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  4. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram: Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this...
  5. 100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running: Hi, I've had this issue on and off for a while now, but within the past few days it's been constantly there and nothing I do can seem to get rid of the issue. It started happening randomly while I was on my computer doing nothing different to normal. I thought it would go...
  6. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  7. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  8. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075
  9. Running Barely Anything: Disk At 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Barely Anything: Disk At 100%: Hey! I've run into a bit of a problem with my computer. My C: D: disk seems to always be stuck at 100%. I noticed the problem about a month ago, but it was very minor. A few spikes, mainly when I was gaming. Now, it will never go down. I've done extensive research but...
  10. Barely any apps running. 87% ram used, 87% committed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Barely any apps running. 87% ram used, 87% committed.: 8gb ram. 6gb pagefile. Barely have anything running. Committed and physical ram are at 87% and won't release. I close all programs, and memory use is still high. And then it gives me low memory warning and asks me to close firefox. This never happened in Windows 7...