Windows 10: Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

Discus and support Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Johann_M., Dec 12, 2021.

1. Johann_M. Win User

Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm talking 120 fps to 20 fps! I don't have much knowledge about stuff like this any suggestions would help a lot.

:)

Johann_M., Dec 12, 2021
  2. Suzainura.., Dec 12, 2021
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi,

Since you have just recently performed a fresh install of your Windows 10, it's hard for us to pinpoint as to what's causing your computer to run slow. To help us improve your computer's performance, please check out the suggested troubleshooting steps and
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 12, 2021
  4. smeers Win User

Extremely slow Win10 with constant 100% disk

My Dell Inspiron 3147 (11 inch) continuously preforms extremely slow at everything; from loading Windows initially to logging in to opening programs...

Doing anything from a USB flash drive is much faster, however, for some reason.

So I checked task manager (with nothing else open on a fresh install) and disk usage was 100%, no matter what I did, with speeds extremely slow as well.

I'm not sure if my drive is fried or corrupted, but is there a way to solve this? I don't think it is fully broken if this is still bootable.

Thanks for help in advance!

EDIT: All the specifications listed on my account are the same for this specific system.

(Also, running Ubuntu off of a separate USB stick, not touching the main drive, worked at expected speeds too. This supports that it is a drive issue.)

tl;dr: Laptop is extremely slow with the drive being at a constant 100% usage. Everything but the drive runs at normal speeds.

smeers, Dec 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10 - Similar Threads - Laptop Has became

2. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  4. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  5. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  8. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  9. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903: Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found online: - Clean Boot; - Sfc /Scannow; - Disk defragmentation/Cleanup; - Device/Drivers Update; - Disable Fast Startup...
  10. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...