Windows 10: Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

Discus and support Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Evening, I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guest626, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Guest626 Win User

Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

Evening,

I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the reset and it was quick, now after the reset it takes around 4/5 second to open startup, and cannot run multiple windows at once it either becomes really slow or one of the wibdow crashes. I do not remember exactly but I think that when I opened it after reset I was asked to update the software but I am not sure.

What shall I do tp fix this issue?

:)

Guest626, Jan 9, 2020

2. Factory reset

so I never understood why laptop manufacturers decided to give laptops 27gb of storage, its like they don't want us to have personal files on the computer. My laptop has been acting extremely slow. I wanted to factory reset it, but for some reason, in
    order to factory reset, you need at least 8gb of free storage. ok. cool. I decide maybe I should upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, but you need 8gb of free storage there. ok I get rid of all my personal files on the laptop AND I STILL DONT HAVE
    ENOUGH SPACE TO EITHER START FRESH OR UPGRADE. what am I supposed to do, this is unfair.

WolfiePeter, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Windows 10

Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Help

KimberliWhite, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

1. Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset - Similar Threads - Laptop has become

2. Laptop has become extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop has become extremely slow all of a sudden: I have an Asus Zenbook laptop that I mostly use for gaming. Normally, it runs fine, but lately it has been becoming EXTREMELY slow. And I mean only a few bytes per second download speed type slow. I can't use any games that require internet because they lag and take extremely...
  3. Laptop has become extremely slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop has become extremely slow all of a sudden: I have an Asus Zenbook laptop that I mostly use for gaming. Normally, it runs fine, but lately it has been becoming EXTREMELY slow. And I mean only a few bytes per second download speed type slow. I can't use any games that require internet because they lag and take extremely...
  4. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  5. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  6. Winzip has become extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winzip has become extremely slow: After windows update last month winzip has become extremely slow. It takes an hour to unzip a 13 Mb file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-has-become-extremely-slow/972f6e55-6d26-4189-90e6-dc45cd760ae5
  7. Winzip has become extremely slow

Winzip has become extremely slow: After windows update last month winzip has become extremely slow. It takes an hour to unzip a 13 Mb file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-has-become-extremely-slow/972f6e55-6d26-4189-90e6-dc45cd760ae5
  8. Winzip has become extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer is suddenly extremely slow after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is suddenly extremely slow after a factory reset: I was having a problem with my computer and I had nothing of value downloaded and no other fixed worked, so I factory reset the device. This did fix my original problem but now the computer is running extremely badly, I did a benchmark test and the CPU and GPU are both...
  10. Windows has become extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has become extremely slow: I updated windows recently and it has become extremely slow. It takes over 5 minutes to boot. Here are the things I did and still no luck: Ran disk check, repair and fix etc Reset windows while keeping giles Reset windows while deleting my files Creating install media and...