Windows 10: Laptop has been screwed

Discus and support Laptop has been screwed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, I'm really worried. Recently, I was fishing about and found one of my laptops from a couple of years ago. This was an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OscarShaw, May 13, 2020.

1. OscarShaw Win User

Laptop has been screwed

Okay, I'm really worried. Recently, I was fishing about and found one of my laptops from a couple of years ago. This was an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage. I wanted to wipe Windows off of it, as the Windows account connected to it was a business account I had used a couple of years ago. I'm not the most tech savvy, so I had to google a tutorial, but I completely wiped the computer and plugged in a Windows 10 Home USB I had from a few months ago.

It was all going fine and installing when at about 21% it stopped increasing. I was worried it had become locked or something like that, so I had it next to me for most of the day. The problem is, it ran out of power, and now I can't use the thing. It loads up the Acer logo, and slowly but sure looks like it's going to start, before I get an annoying "Error occurred, click 'okay' to restart the computer. Then, begin the installation process again."

The problem is, I click "okay", and as this is a wiped laptop, it has nothing connected to it, so what I just described loops.

Please help!

:)

OscarShaw, May 13, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Laptop screws and broken spinning threaded nuts :-(

Hello
    Is there a trick to open original never opened laptop screws ?
    If I open like 10 screws about 2/10pcs always have broken\loose spinning brass threaded nuts.
    I have opened a Lenovo(2008) and a HP(2015) laptop when trying to fit SSDs and both ended up with some spinning threaded nuts.
    -> When unable to open the case I just end up using a DVD drive caddy for the damn SSDs.
    • Laptop screws always have that massive amount of tip goo (=red or blue colored rubber thread seal) in threads which I believe is causing the spinning screw issue. Please Chinese we don't need the "goo".
    • Or the Chinese just over tighten the screws.
    • Also cheap thin plastic around brass nuts.

user33331, May 13, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 13, 2020
  4. Laptop has been screwed

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has been screwed

1. Laptop has been screwed - Similar Threads - Laptop has been

2. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if laptop has been hacked??: what shall I do if my laptop has been hacked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-laptop-has-been-hacked/7ced97ed-8dcb-4d9c-b204-4fa501db6a2b
  3. My laptop has been locked and hacked

My laptop has been locked and hacked: I received a pop-up window stating that my laptop has a virus and that I need to call technical support to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-locked-and-hacked/7e56bcd6-42fb-4f39-9c29-936b5b1f78af
  4. Laptop is screwed

Laptop is screwed: So I was compressing files to get some storage space and then an error popped up asking me to terminate something like "00000007.00" and I said ok then everything disappeared besides the taskbar and my background with the occasional error message asking the same thing, and it...
  5. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop is screwed: So I was compressing files to get some storage space and then an error popped up asking me to terminate something like "00000007.00" and I said ok then everything disappeared besides the taskbar and my background with the occasional error message asking the same thing, and it...
  6. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Access to Laptop has been blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Laptop has been blocked: Access to Laptop Pc has been blocked said to contact Windows Support with a toll free number. Called & they said needed to access my computer. Is this real?...
  8. My laptop has not been working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has not been working properly: For the last few days my laptop hasn't been working properly. It has been freezing after a while of using it and the only way to get it to work is to force restart it. I have tried doing a system restore but it didn't work. Any help...
  9. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly: My laptop has been crashing randomly. youtube, games, just turning it on There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation'' I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM. I've...
  10. My Laptop is screwed

My Laptop is screwed: My laptop ever since installing Duet which is what i use, keeps telling me it couldn’t repair itself, I have tried everything and nothing works. It also gives me a (GSOD) Green screen of Death[IMG]...