Windows 10: Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",...

Discus and support Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So as I said in the title, my laptop's been stuck repeating these 3 things since the moment I turned it on around 11 hours ago. After spending hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wholesomekeanu01, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",...

So as I said in the title, my laptop's been stuck repeating these 3 things since the moment I turned it on around 11 hours ago. After spending hours either ignoring or googling the issue, I have to turn to reddit for help.

Is there any way to either unstuck, or preferably stop this broken update installation that wouldn't involve complete physical destruction (which i've considered, but would rather avoid)?

Edit: I wouldn't mind if this was to break windows temporarily. I have ubuntu ready on a usb stick and wouldn't mind booting that up instead.

submitted by /u/wholesomekeanu01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wholesomekeanu01, Apr 9, 2021

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Update stuck at 35% completed

Hi Johanson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that your device is stuck at 35% of installation of Windows Updates, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed any anti-virus software on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the computer and perform the below troubleshooting steps.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to install the Windows Updates. Also, try to uninstall the anti-virus
    software installed on your device.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",...

Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",...

1. Laptop has been stuck switching between "Working on updates: 35%", "Getting Windows ready",... - Similar Threads - Laptop has been

2. My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% complete”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% complete”: I switched my laptop on and it started updating but it has been stuck on 7% for a very long time. i have tried force restarting it but that didn’t work. I don’t think it needs more time because i left it to update over night but it is still on 7%. how do i stop the update?...
  3. My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% complete”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% complete”: I switched my laptop on and it started updating but it has been stuck on 7% for a very long time. i have tried force restarting it but that didn’t work. I don’t think it needs more time because i left it to update over night but it is still on 7%. how do i stop the update?...
  4. My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% Complete”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% Complete”: I switched my laptop on and it started working on updates but it has been on 7% for a very long time. I don’t think it needs more time because I left it to update over night and it is still on 7%. I can’t do anything that requires me to access settings because it’s updating...
  5. My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% Complete”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been stuck on “Working on updates 7% Complete”: I switched my laptop on and it started working on updates but it has been on 7% for a very long time. I don’t think it needs more time because I left it to update over night and it is still on 7%. I can’t do anything that requires me to access settings because it’s updating...
  6. Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready': I disconnected my laptop from wifi then went to shut down. Unfortunately selected 'update & shut down' but there is no Wifi so it can't update. I have turned laptop off & on but still shows 'getting ready' message. What do I do??...
  7. Windows update keeps switching between Getting Things Ready and Installing

Windows update keeps switching between Getting Things Ready and Installing: Today my Windows 10 computer wanted me to install the "Feature 2004" update. I clicked install at 3:51 and its been almost an hour and it keeps switching been "getting things ready" and "installing". I don't know what to do and google says that if I turn off my computer then...
  8. This "update" has been in "getting things ready" and "installing" for literal days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This "update" has been in "getting things ready" and "installing" for literal days: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andypro69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfz0kb/this_update_has_been_in_getting_things_ready_and/
  9. Working on updates 35% complete STUCK

Working on updates 35% complete STUCK: Dell Inspirion 15 Windows 10, stuck for nearly an hour at 35 percent update. Blue screen. Please help. I am not a techie. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-on-updates-35-complete-stuck/a5a569e0-2fcc-47d8-8f81-b70cd21f1f40
  10. Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready": Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer". I can still move the mouse around and the dots are still spinning, but there's no activity on the disk....