Windows 10: laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

Discus and support laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lindaOltmann-Harmens, Jun 8, 2020.

1. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart . We are gathering information. This has happened several times I am not tech savvy at all. So I was having a look to see what is causing it. I noticed I have 2 devices but only this laptop is working. My question is how do I find out which one is the one I am using now as I haven't got the names of the 2 laptops so a bit scared of getting rid of one in case it is the wrong one. Sometimes I have had a message saying no boot device found and hp fixes it. I know this sounds vague and muddled but it is the only way I can describe my problem. TIA

:)

lindaOltmann-Harmens, Jun 8, 2020

2. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Jun 8, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

1. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart - Similar Threads - laptop has encountered

2. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  3. “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...: For almost an hour, I have not been able to access the desktop of my Windows 11. When I start it, I come across a blue screen where it says “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect information related to errors and then we will restart...
  4. “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...: For almost an hour, I have not been able to access the desktop of my Windows 11. When I start it, I come across a blue screen where it says “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect information related to errors and then we will restart...
  5. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  6. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  7. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart: Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop...
  8. Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart: Forum search did not return any entries, and on-line search did, but those replies were either vague or contradictory, so here I am at the source. Once yesterday, and a short while ago today I encountered this quite unwelcome popup message. When you get it, Windows collects...
  9. Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart: Forum search did not return any entries, and on-line search did, but those replies were either vague or contradictory, so here I am at the source. Once yesterday, and a short while ago today I encountered this quite unwelcome popup message. When you get it, Windows collects...
  10. "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart.": I was using my computer today when suddenly a bluescreen message saying "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart" popped up. It had some other information and some sort of countdown. I ran into another room to grab my camera to take a picture of the message, but...