Windows 10: Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on

Discus and support Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please help me. I have an Acer Aspire 3 laptop. It suddenly begun to exhibit no display whenever I turn it on sometimes. And when that happens, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidDeeehwa, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on

Please help me. I have an Acer Aspire 3 laptop.

It suddenly begun to exhibit no display whenever I turn it on sometimes. And when that happens, the fan will stop spinning too.

I wonder what my problem is. Is it my motherboard? Power supply?. I tried the solution to attach an external monitor to the display and press the key combination "Fn" + display output but nothing happened.

:)

DavidDeeehwa, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Cixoos Win User

Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

Cixoos, Oct 3, 2020
  3. power led and fan are remains on after shutdown

After updating windows 8.1 to windows 10 my hp envy 15-k111tx laptop don't get shut down properly. the power led and laptop fan are continuously on after shutting down the system until battery gets totally drained. so basically, i have to force shutdown
    to my laptop by pressing power button for 5 sec. plz fix this ASAP because i tried every possible ways just only way is remaining is intel management engine version 9.5 installation but it not installing in win 10.

ShiddhantHawlader, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on

Laptop Fan Wont Spin

are you people ignoring what i said??

i've done this before. windows 7 has nothing to do with it. the fan on a laptop is driven by the bios. And when the chip gets hot the fan spins.

i can be 99% its dirty and clogged and is not letting it spin.

blow it out. if that doesn't work, take it apart and check the fan.

the fan may be broken, but its not software related.

freaksavior, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on

1. Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on - Similar Threads - Laptop has display

2. Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light comes on and fan keeps spinning but no display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light comes on and fan keeps spinning but no display: Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light and the keyboard comes on but my laptop screen remains black. I just keep hearing the fan spinning. I can even feel the air. Please help I need my laptop urgently and I do not have the necessary tools to unscrew and remove my...
  3. Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light comes on and fan keeps spinning but no display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light comes on and fan keeps spinning but no display: Everytime I switch on my laptop, the power light and the keyboard comes on but my laptop screen remains black. I just keep hearing the fan spinning. I can even feel the air. Please help I need my laptop urgently and I do not have the necessary tools to unscrew and remove my...
  4. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  5. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  6. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  8. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.: I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown. One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working....
  9. Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.: Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step. Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...