Windows 10: Laptop has no video output

Discus and support Laptop has no video output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, About an hour ago when I finished doing what I needed to on my laptop, I closed the lid, now, recently I tried opening the lid and there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L Mttrs, Nov 20, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Laptop has no video output

Hi,

About an hour ago when I finished doing what I needed to on my laptop, I closed the lid, now, recently I tried opening the lid and there was no video output, my gaming keyboard has output, as the lights will light up, but there is no output in video, not even in my external monitor, however the power light does light up as if there is an output to it. The sound is also working because there was a notification. I have no idea what happened, please respond, thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Fourstaff Win User

~15" laptop with a proper video output

Screen resolution? Also, what output are you looking at? VGA? HDMI? If its VGA the trash output might be from the trash cable.

My recommendation is just to get one of those business laptops (HP Probook, Dell Latitude, Lenovo Thinkpads). Get a Ivy Bridge inside and the required video output and you are good to go.

Fourstaff, Nov 22, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Laptop has no video output

Blue screen error on Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Hi Leticia,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

As a first step, I suggest you to try the disconnecting all external devices other than mouse and keyboard if you have connected any check if the same issue occurs.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

Method 2:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters:
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Laptop has no video output

1. Laptop has no video output - Similar Threads - Laptop has video

2. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  3. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  4. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  5. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  6. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Change video output without seeing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change video output without seeing: Hello, I have been having trouble with my pc for about a day and I believe that the default video/audio output is set to something else and I need it to be hdmi for the monitor I own. I’m not sure I can change the settings without seeing the computer screen or something like...
  8. microphone has no output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone has no output: my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something more in depth then just disabled permission all I know is the mic is plugged in I have verified it works using my phone when...
  9. Video Calls: Multiple Audio Outputs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Calls: Multiple Audio Outputs?: I want to do video chat, such that when I'm in a call, others can hear my voice coming from my Logitech G933 headset, AND a music playing app (foobar2000, which is like Windows Media Player) on my computer, or even a video I'm playing on YouTube (I use Chrome, normally). I'm...
  10. Win10 install killed video output

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 install killed video output: I was upgrading a perfectly functional, 5 year old, Win7 desktop to Win10 using the media creation tool on a USB drive. When I had tried on-line upgrading this machine got hung up on "checking for updates" which is why I went to the MCT and disabled updates up front. After...