Windows 10: Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install

Discus and support Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on the laptop since it was clogged up completely. It's a couple year old Dell Inspiron 15 7560. The PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HamidAgassi, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install

Decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on the laptop since it was clogged up completely. It's a couple year old Dell Inspiron 15 7560. The PC came with a bootable USB that you could use to do a reinstall of Windows 10.

Plugged in the bootable USB, selected the "recover from a drive", it worked up to 5% after which it gave an error of "there was a problem resetting this PC". And it gives this error again and again. The PC has nowhere to boot from except the bootable USB and no factory image. No idea what is causing the error and stopping the installation of Windows 10, please help.

Thank you.

:)

HamidAgassi, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 2, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

Thema:

Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install

1. Laptop has ran into an error during clean Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Laptop has ran

2. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  3. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  4. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. ran out of battery during installation

ran out of battery during installation: Can't do anything. It starts with an HP logo then goes into a screen that says "undoing changes..." then goes black, then starts the whole circle again. I don't know what to do or have money to get it fixed. Can anyone help?...
  8. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  9. Actions during a clean install

Actions during a clean install: When doing a clean install and after clicking to do a custom install you get a box will all the current drives on the hard disk. I chose to reformat the C:/ drive as I have done many times. then continued. Today I received a message about GPT and that the partitions on the...
  10. error 0X8007025D during clean install

error 0X8007025D during clean install: I have used searched and looked through posts of other people with this problem and have tried almost everything. I'm booting from bios to a usb and installing windows 10 on a 250gb ssd and it get to about 77-82% and the spits out the error 0x8007025D and I cant get it to go...