Windows 10: Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.

Discus and support Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, please help me! I live in a student house and share WIFI with 5 other people. We are onVirgin WIFI and have an ORBI with it to boost the signal. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arcalalalap6765, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.

Hi, please help me! I live in a student house and share WIFI with 5 other people. We are onVirgin WIFI and have an ORBI with it to boost the signal. My room is just up the stairs from the room where the router is, yet I have the worst connection in the house. Upstairs is a TP-link on the landing to help boost the signal around the 4 rooms upstairs. The TP-link works really well on my phone and without it my phone can't connect to the WIFI in my room, however my laptop still really struggles.

It is a HP laptop, recently refurbished and bought I had similar problems with a 5 year old Toshiba laptop, and replaced it thinking it would make a difference.It has an I3 core processor, '802.11 bgn WIFI adapter' and a 'Realtek Pcle Gbe family controller'. I don't know what other info you might need but pls ask and I can find out :.

I bought a Devolo D-LAN 550 powerline adapter for my room, however when I plugged it in it was not able to find the WIFI network. We put this down to my room being on different wiring to downstairs where the router is, as I think my room used to be a bathroom is this possible? I couldn't think of another reason why it wouldn't work. This means that both a WIFI extender and a powerline adapter aren't options, as they don't seem to work. I'm also not allowed to move the router due to being in a student house. I should add that the laptop has great signal when I am in the same room as the router, but just not around my room upstairs.

If it helps, my housemate has a different WIFI extender, a BT WIFI extender 1200 in his room and that works with my laptop. That seems to act as a separate network that I have to login to? which is different to the TP-link upstairs that signal boosts the ORBI. So my question is, how do I get better internet to my laptop?

Thank you so much in advance, any help with this would be much appreciated!

:)

Arcalalalap6765, Nov 21, 2020

2. My laptop is receiving poor WiFi signals,even when the device is close to the router,please help?

I installed windows 10 pro on my laptop and the laptop receives poor WiFi levels even when i'm really close to the router ,i have many other devices that use WiFi from this router but has full signal strength except
    for this laptop.I updated my router but found out its not the problem of the router since i use many other devices that uses the WiFi from this router and work fine but my laptop shows poor signal strength even when i'm really close to the router,please help.i
    have tried everything i know to fix the problem but none worked.

SafayetSardin, Nov 21, 2020
  3. laptop poor wifi signal capturing

Hello,

After my laptop was reset, its not capturing wifi signals adequately even if signals are great and other devices are showing very good signal quality.

Thank you

sagarmakode, Nov 21, 2020
  4. BobbyJoms Win User

Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality. Hear crackling noise. Works perfectly fine when connected to phone

Recently purchased a Mi Bluetooth Speaker. It works perfectly fine when connected to my phone. The audio is also very clear.

However when connected to my Windows 10 laptop, the audio quality is poor. I can hear crackling noise in while an audio is being played.

Tried all the below solutions provided in the Ms Community, but those didnt help. I am still facing the issue.

• Unchecked Handsfree under Services in bluetooth device properties.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Device driver

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Bobby

BobbyJoms, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.

1. Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine. - Similar Threads - Laptop has really

2. How to fix internet on pc being really slow and unusable but fine on other devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix internet on pc being really slow and unusable but fine on other devices?: My pc has randomly been stuck at 1 bar of internet while lag spiking and experience unusual amounts of packet loss.This is strange because previously my pc would work completely fine and be able to use the internet freely without any of these issues. I just woke up one day...
  3. How to fix internet on pc being really slow and unusable but fine on other devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix internet on pc being really slow and unusable but fine on other devices?: My pc has randomly been stuck at 1 bar of internet while lag spiking and experience unusual amounts of packet loss.This is strange because previously my pc would work completely fine and be able to use the internet freely without any of these issues. I just woke up one day...
  4. How to fix internet on pc being really slow and unusable but fine on other devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop has been unable to connect to the Internet despite being connected to a WiFi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been unable to connect to the Internet despite being connected to a WiFi network: Hello,So I have been strugglingwith this issue for a while now and I am unsure how to resolve it so I thought I would ask here in hope of getting a solution.My laptop has had quite a bit of trouble connecting to the Internet as of late. While I am able to connect to my WiFi...
  6. My wifi is undetected by my laptop but connects fine with a dozen other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wifi is undetected by my laptop but connects fine with a dozen other devices: I have an hp laptop hp stream 14" running windows 10 home edition. I cant get it to connect to my home's wifi because it can't detect the network. I know that the network adapter is working because I can use my phone's hotspot and connect the the internet. I don't have...
  7. WIFI Signal Slow on the device

WIFI Signal Slow on the device: I recently changed the hard drive of my laptop from HDD to SSD but for some reason on this particular device the wifi signal receiving strength is low like until I sit right beside my internet router the signal wont reach my laptop like if I go in some other room or somewhere...
  8. Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.: This started happening today only. Only thing I've changed since yesterday is disabling lock screen in group policy. Restarting doesn't help. Troubleshooter runs for 5+ minutes, and doesn't show any problems. However, wifi gets connected once troubleshooter finishes. It...
  9. No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.

No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.: Hello, I've been having this problem for about a week. Our router has been recently changed in our house, same supplier Sky, and, for some reason, my laptop won't agree with it in the slightest. It's new, bought near Christmas, and is the Acer Aspire 7. Ever since we have...
  10. Monitor gives no signal despite pc being on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor gives no signal despite pc being on: I tried using a different monitor and a different cables which i am 100% sure are fully working, i tried updating my drivers, i tried booting in safe mode. I'm stumped, the issue is not hardware related, i can use a remote desktop app on my phone to access my pc and...