Windows 10: Laptop has seemingly reset after an update?

Discus and support Laptop has seemingly reset after an update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, wondering if anyone can help.I updated my laptop last night after being prompted to when I went to turn it off. But upon turning my laptop on today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CerysNewman, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Laptop has seemingly reset after an update?

Hi, wondering if anyone can help.I updated my laptop last night after being prompted to when I went to turn it off. But upon turning my laptop on today and turning it on, after logging in my laptop seems to be almost completely reset?The taskbar is light instead of dark how I originally had it, the wallpaper is the default blue one, my files in the file explorer no longer seem to be there, and my Google Chrome has logged itself out. I still have some programs that I've downloaded, like Spotify and paint.net, and I still have my photo and name for my account on my laptop. I have no idea what'

:)

CerysNewman, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Clem, Jul 8, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Laptop has seemingly reset after an update?

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop has seemingly reset after an update? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Laptop has seemingly reset after an update?

1. Laptop has seemingly reset after an update? - Similar Threads - Laptop has seemingly

2. Resetting After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting After Update: My computer has been in the hp logo for almost 3 hours now. I tried safe mode, factory reset, and even automatic repair but it doesn't even load correctly and blue screens. Everytime I try to load, it blue screens. It's stuck on the hp logo screen and nothing works. I almost...
  3. Cannot Log Into Laptop after what seemed like an update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Log Into Laptop after what seemed like an update?: So I was just chilling and some weird windows update happens by its own on my laptop. I am told to sign in to my microsoft account to log in not my laptop password. I forgot my windows password. I request a reset of my microsoft password. I dont reset my password for 30...
  4. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,: Well. This is just great. After the 20H2 update, even with bass off, my computer seems bass boosted. The audio is distorted, muffled, and seems boosted. I got my headphone stuck in the socket, and used a thumbtack to get it out. It damaged the socket, so headphones are a...
  5. Laptop reset does not seem to progress

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop reset does not seem to progress: Hello, After encountering issues with my new laptop kept crashing, bought it only 2 months ago, I was advised to try and reset it. I started the reset process almost 7 hours ago and it does not seem to progress. It looks like something is loading see photo attached for...
  6. Seemingly random resets on laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seemingly random resets on laptop.: Title says it all really, my laptop randomly resets. Below is how it says my specs in settings. Specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB Device ID ____________ Product ID _____________ System Type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset: Evening, I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the reset and it was quick, now after the reset it takes around 4/5 second to open startup, and cannot run multiple windows at...
  8. My laptop has multiple issues that I can’t seem to fix, will a reset fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop has multiple issues that I can’t seem to fix, will a reset fix it?: This laptop has been pissing me off for months. When I plug in my iPhone it appears like it’s connected but whenever I try to transfer files it keeps giving error messages saying the device isn’t connected or can’t be detected, this issue has been going on for months and I...
  9. router seems to reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    router seems to reset: Why does my wireless router flash all lights at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/router-seems-to-reset/0441a427-b9ac-4df5-8e59-8441901aa2b8
  10. Laptop has blank screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop has blank screen after update: after update to my laptop, not this computer, and restart computer, got a black screen, all the icons are gone on the desktop, .and showing...C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop file is unavailable .......