Windows 10: Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi

Discus and support Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an odd issue with my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10. The first time I boot I cannot connect to my home Wifi, however when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 200thhorseman, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi

Dear all,

I have an odd issue with my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10. The first time I boot I cannot connect to my home Wifi, however when I reboot I can. It is always the same every time I switch it on in that it will only connect on the second boot.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rob

:)

200thhorseman, Sep 12, 2015

2. Ripping a CD onto my computer with Windows 10

"select the rip CD button" does not exist.

Has to be unique?, Sep 12, 2015
  3. MD-to-be Win User
    problems with Active Synch 3.7

I have the iPaq h4150

MD-to-be, Sep 12, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

bro67, Sep 12, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    The 'won't work till the second boot' sounds familiar. My old laptop wouldn't boot till the second try.

If you are using Fast Boot, try switching it off (or disable hibernation) and see whether that makes any difference.

Maybe a long shot, and maybe doesn't sound too logical, but quick and easy to try.

6. ddutler Win User
    Did you get a resolution? I even went back to Windows 7 because of this nuisance. I have now installed Windows 10 and the problem is still there. If you have a fix - I'd appreciate you sharing!
    Thank You
    Dennis

ddutler, Jan 13, 2016
  7. gl3nborj Win User
    Try installing the driver from windows 7.

gl3nborj, Jan 14, 2016
  8. ddutler Win User

More and more solutions had as a final step -- In device manager - power management for the wireless adapter change the setting Allow Computer to Turn Off This Device To Save Power. So I simply tried that - cleared the tick box. Problem resolved. No drivers, no reg hacks, nothing else. Thanks for your response,
    Dennis

ddutler, Jan 14, 2016
  9. Dirko Win User
    Thanks for posting that solution ddutler and gl3nborj! Worked for me. Much appreciated. *Wink

Dirko, Feb 20, 2016
  10. lylestotz Win User
    Awesome!! it worked like a charm Dennis, Thanks again.

lylestotz, Sep 15, 2016
  11. 7even Win User
    I registered tonight just so I could say THANK YOU for this post! The wifi issue was nearly driving me to distraction. So, Thank. You!

7even, Nov 14, 2016
  12. rm22 Win User
    Thanks for the post... so far it seems to have fixed my issue as well - the wifi adapter was disabling randomly. it started after upgrading to Win 10 version 1607 from 1511

13. 22jwc22 Win User

Hi Friends,
    I can't find any reference to power management for the wireless adapter in device manager.
    Jerry

22jwc22, Jul 1, 2017
  14. theveterans, Jul 1, 2017
  15. Mooly Win User
    You need to look for your network adapter in Device Manger, right click and select properties and then look for the Power Management tab.

Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi [​IMG]

Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi [​IMG]

Mooly, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop has rebooted

2. My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access: First of all, this problem only happens in my laptop: every other device in my house has no trouble connecting to the Internet. It also happens only in Windows 10: I have dual-booted Ubuntu and WiFi works fine there. Using an Ethernet cable results in the same problem. My...
  3. rebooting after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting after connecting to wifi: My laptop is get restarted after connecting to my home wifi. whenever i connect to wifi after 20 minutes it shows you are about to be signed out Restart in one minute . please help me for tackle this problem....
  4. In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot

In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot: Hi, I have a HP Envy X360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home (v 10.0.18362) with Intel Core I5 -6200U CPU. It was fine for the 1st 3 years. Lately for a few months, if the WIFI gets disrupted briefly when I laptop is on, then it cannot reconnect to the WIFI. If I...
  5. In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    In case of intermittent wifi issue laptop can't connect without reboot: Hi, I have a HP Envy X360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home (v 10.0.18362) with Intel Core I5 -6200U CPU. It was fine for the 1st 3 years. Lately for a few months, if the WIFI gets disrupted briefly when I laptop is on, then it cannot reconnect to the WIFI. If I...
  6. Laptop forgot it has wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop forgot it has wifi: My laptop has been dropping connection to wifi for a few days now. I’m running Windows 10 with an Intel Dual Band Wireless 8265. Sometimes it disconnects and when I look at the Network panel, it doesn’t seem to be trying to look for open connections. Also, the wifi toggle...
  7. Wifi connection drops on reboot

Wifi connection drops on reboot: When I reboot my Win 10 laptop the wifi connection drops so I have to manually reconnect. How can I maintain the wifi connection when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-drops-on-reboot/0b25972c-da15-411a-929b-044b6a0d9ace
  8. Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting

Laptop loses Wifi connection and I can't reconnect without rebooting: I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I have had a problem with Wifi. Wifi is periodically disconnected and I cannot reconnect it to my home network without restarting the laptop. When I go to Settings and Status, the system...
  9. Laptop Loses Wifi Connection and I Can't Reconnect Without Rebooting

Laptop Loses Wifi Connection and I Can't Reconnect Without Rebooting: I have a Lenovo T450S laptop with Windows 10 installed. For the last three or four days I've been having a problem with Wifi. The Wifi disconnects periodically and I can't reconnect it to my home network without rebooting the laptop. When I go to Settings and Status, the...
  10. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........