Windows 10: Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface?

Discus and support Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Focusrite interface (Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen). Normally I can easily plug the interface into my USB port and unplug it. However, sometimes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Umberto726, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface?

I use a Focusrite interface (Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen). Normally I can easily plug the interface into my USB port and unplug it. However, sometimes my laptop displays an error message (i.e. blue screen with the Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface? :( smiley face) after unplugging the interface, and it has to reboot. What is the reason for this? What can I do about it?

:)

Umberto726, Aug 1, 2020

2. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

Yes I did, but that didn't work either.

How do I drain my battery? My laptop won't stay on for longer than a couple minutes when unplugged.

Could you please list down the steps for solutions 4 and 5?

Really sorry for the inconvenience, really appreciate the help.

Ojasvi Pandya, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Laptop reroutes audio to Laptop speakers if default audio device is unplugged and plugged back in.

I have a user with a Dell Latitude 3580 that has been behaving oddly when an audio device (Speakers or headphones) are unplugged then plugged back in. Either device is set as the default, the device is unplugged or plugged back in, but the sound then comes
    out of the laptop speakers anyway. All the audio and windows drivers are up to date. Restarting the laptop makes the devices work as intended, but unplugging them starts the problem all over again. If the devices are either plugged in or unplugged when it
    restarts does not seem to matter, when unplugged plugging them back in makes them work, but they don't work anymore if unplugged. The Audio Manager shows the audio going to the default device even when the sound is coming out of the laptop speakers. Please
    advise.

David Tveraas, Aug 1, 2020
  4. sizzla Win User

Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface?

speaker unplugged ...???

I unplugged my headphones and when I want to uninstall it a window that opens and ask me if I also want to delete the device. should I do? I uninstalled without deleted, I rebooted but its still not working. it just happened that the optical audio devices that I have reactivated disabled

sizzla, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface?

1. Laptop has to reboot when I unplug the audio interface? - Similar Threads - Laptop has reboot

2. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio when headphones are unplugged: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  3. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio when headphones are unplugged: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  4. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop freezing when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  6. Laptop freezing when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  7. BCOD when unplugging audio interface

BCOD when unplugging audio interface: Title says it all.... any time I unplug my USB audio interface - Swissonic UA-2x2 from my CPU I get a blue screen. I have uploaded the log as instructed in the BSOD posting instructions but please let me know if I can provide any additional information. 184075
  8. Bluescreen when unplugging sound interface

Bluescreen when unplugging sound interface: I have a habit of unplugging my sound interface Focus rite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen USB Audio Interface as a way to save a tiny amount of power; the interface emits a small green dot. This time, I did the deed with a guitar amp simulator open Cakewalk by Band Lab. At first, I...
  9. Audio crackling when computer is unplugged

Audio crackling when computer is unplugged: I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7370 with Windows 10 Whenever I try to play audio on my computer when its not charging, it comes out very slow and with a ton of static, it happens when my headphones are plugged in too but when I plug it back in for charging, it sounds perfectly fine...
  10. laptop lags when unplugged

laptop lags when unplugged: i have a HP Pavilion notebook intel core 17-6500u cpu @2.50ghz 4 cpus 16 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 (10.0, Build 17763) nvidia 940mx 4gb ddr3 every Game works fine when charger is plugged in but when removed even the lowest end game lags.. all games produce less than...