Windows 10: Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

Discus and support Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is a similar issue with an Asus laptop but my laptop is Dell N5110 original WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AH64, Aug 12, 2022.

1. AH64 Win User

Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

There is a similar issue with an Asus laptop but my laptop is Dell N5110 original WD HDDhttps://superuser.com/questions/1248989/laptop-hdd-spins-down-and-up-making-click-noise-when-screen-is-offI'm not new to laptop hardware services, and I can assure the HDD is healthy, no pending sector wether logical error nor physical bad sector.It works fine on battery when the laptop screen is on but when the screen goes off there is a weird noise from the HDD like turning on and off repetitively. The powerplan HDD turn-off-timer is set to 15mins on battery.I didn't have this problem with Windows 7 but

:)

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 12, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

1. Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept - Similar Threads - Laptop HDD clicking

2. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  3. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  4. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  6. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  7. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept: There is a similar issue with an Asus laptop but my laptop is Dell N5110 original WD HDDhttps://superuser.com/questions/1248989/laptop-hdd-spins-down-and-up-making-click-noise-when-screen-is-offI'm not new to laptop hardware services, and I can assure the HDD is healthy, no...
  9. Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept

Laptop HDD clicking sound only on battery and only when screen is off not slept: There is a similar issue with an Asus laptop but my laptop is Dell N5110 original WD HDDhttps://superuser.com/questions/1248989/laptop-hdd-spins-down-and-up-making-click-noise-when-screen-is-offI'm not new to laptop hardware services, and I can assure the HDD is healthy, no...
  10. Laptop display dim, but only on battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop display dim, but only on battery: After upgrade to W10 from 8.1, Laptop display is dim, but only when I boot up on battery power. Samsung NP470R5E with Intel HD Graphics 4000 When plugged in, the display has normal brightness. If I disconnect the power it stays bright. If I shutdown and restart on...