Windows 10: Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

Discus and support Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tplgigo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to 1920X1080 and still nothing. Do I have to go down to what the maximum of the laptop resolution which is 1388X 768 (or something like that.)? I'm stuck.

submitted by /u/tplgigo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tplgigo, Jun 19, 2020
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Jun 19, 2020
  3. How to show Photos from PC Laptop onto 4k TV

I want to show JPG photos from my HP PC laptop onto a 4K LG TV, and of course I want it to be shown at the 4k resolution. When I connected the HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV and used the photo slideshow that comes with the PC computer, I believe all
    I was able to do was screen share and so because the PC laptop has a resolution of just 1366 by 733 or whatever, it was completely pixelated on the 4k TV.

It seems like I should be able to show photos on the TV at full resolution, just not sure how to do it.

RonMcKinney1, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

1. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV. - Similar Threads - Laptop HDMI

2. How to connect hdmi to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect hdmi to laptop: Hi I'm trying to connect my ps4 to my laptop with a hdmi but for some reason the computer isn't letting me connect it don't show that the hdmi is connected to it...
  3. How to connect hdmi to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect hdmi to laptop: Hi I'm trying to connect my ps4 to my laptop with a hdmi but for some reason the computer isn't letting me connect it don't show that the hdmi is connected to it...
  4. Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga Laptop:Yoga 920-13IKB Laptop ideapad - Type 80Y7Machine type model: 80Y70064USIntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHzGPU IntelR UHD Graphics 620It has 2 USB-c thunderbolt ports. I have it running Windows 11. I bought a Anker hub to connect an-HDMI...
  5. Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...

Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga Laptop:Yoga 920-13IKB Laptop ideapad - Type 80Y7Machine type model: 80Y70064USIntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHzGPU IntelR UHD Graphics 620It has 2 USB-c thunderbolt ports. I have it running Windows 11. I bought a Anker hub to connect an-HDMI...
  6. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  7. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  8. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  9. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  10. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging