Windows 10: Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

Discus and support Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I connected my laptop to a TV monitor and the image looks like shit. Its not stretched, but the colors are unusual and it looks pixely. Has anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Great_Dog_, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

So I connected my laptop to a TV monitor and the image looks like shit. Its not stretched, but the colors are unusual and it looks pixely. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Connectivity is via HDMI (displayport to hdmi cable). Laptop is an HP Elitebook 8460p. Graphics is Intel HD Graphics 3000. Monitor is an Element ELEFW328B monitor.

I have tried:

• Smaller and larger resolutions (default/recommended is 1360x768)
    • Both interlaced and progressive resolutions have been tried
    • Setting to not scan the HDMI image on the TV to display a 1:1 picture has been toggled with no clear changes
    • Unplugging and plugging back in
    • Trying different ports
    • Crying
    submitted by /u/Great_Dog_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Great_Dog_, Apr 27, 2020

2. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Apr 27, 2020
  3. DavidL9GW Win User
    HDMI to TV Display

When I connect Windows 10 HP laptop to a 32 inch TV by HDMI the display on the TV fills the screen but is expanded and hence only shows about half the display on the laptop. How do I correct so TV shows full laptop picture

DavidL9GW, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

laptop to tv with hdmi problem

Hi,

To begin with, I'm using windows 10.

I've had an HDMI cable hooked up from my laptop to my TV and easily duplicated the screen via the display settings to do so.

The other day, I removed the HDMI from the laptop.

The following day, I plugged the HDMI back into the laptop, made sure the settings were still set, but the image would not duplicate onto the TV at all. I scrolled through different options (such as duplicating, expanding, showing on laptop screen only and
    showing on TV screen only) and nothing seemed to bring the image up on the TV.

I've changed the cable to see if it was a faulty cable, I've changed to different HDMI ports on the TV and I've plugged in other devices, such as my PlayStation to see if the TV picks up other HDMI, and it does.

The TV definitely registers that there is something there, the screen is black but never indicates 'no signal'. That only happens when I remove the HDMI from the laptop.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Joe

Joey Amaranto, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

1. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image - Similar Threads - Laptop HDMI displays

2. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  5. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  6. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  7. HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal: I have a HP envy J140-na laptop. Specs: Core i5 4th gen, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 840M 2gb graphics card, Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics,Windows 10 x64. I am trying to connect my laptop to a full hd HDTV, using HDMI cable, but the TV shows no signal, no picture or audio at...
  8. No image on display while cloned with the TV, but with image on TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No image on display while cloned with the TV, but with image on TV: Today I saw there was no image on my display. I opened my TV to see what's going on (my pc is permanently cloned with it) and there the image was in its full splendor. I tried to set again my nVidia settings while I was running between one room and another (my pc and my TV...
  9. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?: How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-the-laptop-display-via-hdmi-to-the/2e340e25-a93b-46a2-8192-66928ee5d4d3
  10. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display: Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated...