Windows 10: laptop heating or slow issue

Discus and support laptop heating or slow issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; laptop becomes freeze or slow when doing some work or working on any softwarelike edge Microsofthow to resolve heating and slow issuehp 15 da series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IshaanSardana1, May 30, 2021.

1. laptop heating or slow issue

laptop becomes freeze or slow when doing some work or working on any softwarelike edge Microsofthow to resolve heating and slow issuehp 15 da series

:)

IshaanSardana1, May 30, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 30, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, May 30, 2021
  4. laptop heating or slow issue

heating issue

Hi Shankar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would like to know the following information to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Do you get any error message while using the computer?

3. Does the laptop fan working fine?

Please follow the below methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the
    taskbar, click on Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running
    high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the
    graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to update the graphics card driver
    from manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.

b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.

c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.

d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.

e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.

f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation.

g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.

h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, let’s change the
    power plan settings
    to use minimum processor state to prevent overheating.

Reducing the maximum processor state for your laptop (both when it is on battery or when the power cable is plugged in), reduces the processor’s performance a notch (depending on your settings) and prevents it from being used
    at optimum potential by an application or game, which will reduce thermal heating. For example, if you are playing a game that is consuming 100% of your processor’s capacity, then it may also result in heating up your system, whereas reducing the battery power
    state to, say 80%, can resolve this problem, and also result in battery power conservation.

Follow the steps to do so:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Power options.

b) Click on Change plan settings
    for the power plan that you have set on the laptop.

c) Go to Processor power management. Expand the
    icon and expand maximum processor state.

d) Reduce the processor state (for both Plugged-in as well as On battery) to a certain level to verify if it makes any difference.

e) Click on Apply and then
    OK

For reference, you can refer to these link to optimize the computer’s performance:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Important: Data available on bad sectors might be lost when chkdsk tries to repair your hard disc.

Please revert us if you need further assistance. We would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, May 30, 2021
Thema:

laptop heating or slow issue

1. laptop heating or slow issue - Similar Threads - laptop heating slow

2. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop: when updating my display adapter to Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2125 for 7th gen my laptop will be freezing every few sec and if i put it on balanced mode it will crash my laptop idk why so i have to put it on performance mode so it doesn't crash but it will lag alot and...
  3. Heating issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Heating issue: My laptop has heating issue. After few times of opening and during charge it heats much higher. Name of my laptop is ASUS zenbook 14. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heating-issue/17a8f5cf-825c-4588-912e-379dc4d88165
  4. Heating issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Heating issue: My laptop has heating issue. After few times of opening and during charge it heats much higher. Name of my laptop is ASUS zenbook 14. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heating-issue/17a8f5cf-825c-4588-912e-379dc4d88165
  5. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  6. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  7. is it normal laptop plugged heating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is it normal laptop plugged heating?: i had a DELL laptop, everytime i plugged in the charger it start heating up like 75c even though i didnt open any heavy application. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-laptop-plugged-heating/1a2ce0c8-8ceb-424a-8495-c48d6d565c4d
  8. heating and battery draining issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    heating and battery draining issues.: Hello, after October update my laptop is getting heat and draining more battery. Task manager shows hing cpu usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heating-and-battery-draining-issues/f965214f-c30e-4a59-8e93-96dd704900f4
  9. Heating issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Heating issue: after the october update 2018 , i got heating issue .i cant play anygames even a small bit of memory consuming games, i cant also use photoshop my lapop starts heating.i use samsung notebook 5 (i5,8gbRAM)...
  10. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....