Windows 10: Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?

Discus and support Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, I have a relatively old laptop. An HP Envy dv7 with Windows 10. In itself it works great but since the day before yesterday I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eliashatfragen, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?

Hello, everyone,

I have a relatively old laptop. An HP Envy dv7 with Windows 10.

In itself it works great but since the day before yesterday I have two problems, which strangely enough appeared at the same time.

For one thing, the touchpad is spinning. You can use it normally, but then it suddenly stops working until you press the ''alt'' key. I know that the touchpad is deactivated with ''f5''. I have also pressed f5 several times... I think there is no loose contact.

Also, when I'm in my explorer and press on a folder as normal ( whether with the touchpad or with a connected mouse ) the name of the folder is clicked directly, as if you wanted to rename it.

The next problem is my music folders.

All folders are still there, but they are all empty overnight :O

The funny thing is that I can hear everything about groove music. Here I am shown the normal folder as the file origin of each song.

Itunes, on the other hand, can no longer play tracks.

Other files, like pictures, videos etc. go without problems.

I hope I could describe my problem well. Maybe someone has an idea how I can fix it.

Thanks again!

:)

Eliashatfragen, Jun 15, 2020

2. HP ENVY m4 Windows 8 Laptop Available for Pre-Order

Officially announced one month ago, the Windows 8-running ENVY m4 14-inch laptop from HP can now be found on pre-order, priced at $829.99. The m4 is 1.1 inches thick and features an LED-backlit (1366 x 768) display, a 2.2 GHz Core i7-3632QM processor, Intel HD graphics, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and a DVD writer.

HP's notebook also has a media card reader, an HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, two USB 3.0 ports, stereo speakers and a subwoofer, Beats Audio, an HDMI output, and a 6-cell battery. The ENVY m4 is listed here.

Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem? hp_envy_m4_01_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping

Cristian_25H, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?

RAM Upgrade Configuration for Envy dv7

I have a HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have currently 6g of RAM, and wish to upgrade. Currently, it has one 2GB Samsung 1600MHz and a 4GB Ramaxel 1600MHz that were installed prior to purchase new. How much more RAM can I upgrade
    to? and what configuration would be the best for my laptop? By which I mean to ask, is it okay to mix the memory sizes and brands despite what I have heard?

Steven A.Muñoz SAM, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?

1. Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem? - Similar Threads - Laptop Envy dv7

2. Windows 11 HP Envy laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HP Envy laptop: My Windows 11 HP laptop has a message telling me my "Comcast account is not up to date"? I've tried several fixes but no luck. I've seen fixes on Google for this problem with Windows 10 but not 11....
  3. BSOD on laptop HP Envy dv7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on laptop HP Envy dv7: My father's laptop recently started having BSOD. Here are dump files Dump Files Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-laptop-hp-envy-dv7/3ed119fd-a4b3-4e71-be66-2f9704ca9e8f
  4. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  5. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  6. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem

HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem: Hello, my laptop HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez installed drivers for sound IDT Audio Driver. When my sound is on, nothing lights up, and it should turn white on the F 11 key, when i turn off the sound on key F 11 it lights up orange which is ok. How do I set it to light white on the...
  7. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  8. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  9. HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem

HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem: My Laptop has two video cards. one is a Mobility Radeon HD 5000 and the other is a 4050. I installed what I thought were the correct drivers but Windows 10 isn't using them. it seems that the system is using the Microsoft Video Driver which is forcing my extra monitor to...
  10. Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop: Hope I am in the right forum. My problem is as follows: My wife and I have same HP laptops. Her motherboard died. I have two hard drives in my computer. C drive had system on it and D drive had mostly mp3's. I took out the D drive and inserted my wife's HD thinking I might be...