Windows 10: Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

Discus and support Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mogwai, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Mogwai Win User

Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally

This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked everywhere online, tried at least 15 different solutions but to no awail. All wake timers disabled, all drivers are updated because there was an error with the graphics card so I figured that might be the problem, didn't help tho? Reset to default power settings in BIOS, fast boot disabled...
    wake source is unknown in event viewer, it's not media center because I don't have it, it's not a task schedule thing either

I'm going crazy with this *Sleepy

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. here's the energy report from today just in case

:)

Mogwai, Aug 1, 2016

2. windows 10 does not shut down properly

When I do a shut down, the laptop goes to sleep and will not wake up again. It does not shut down fully.

AndyJackson3, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Computer will not shut down

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Now my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode, and it won't shut down. I have to do a forced shut down so I can restart it and get back to work.

Alex Westbrook, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

1. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down - Similar Threads - Laptop immediately waking

2. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  3. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  4. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  5. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  7. My laptop won't wake up from sleep and doesn't shut down

My laptop won't wake up from sleep and doesn't shut down: Hi there, I recently "reinstalled" windows 10 because the laptop was too slow. Since the reinstallation, whenever it goes on sleep mode it doesn't wake up. Also, my laptop doesn't shut down properly. The power button stays on even after shutting down the laptop. I have...
  8. Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down

Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down: I am facing two annoying problems on my HP Pavilion laptop: 1. My laptop doesn't wake up. The lights don't blink. Instead, they just stay on, with the screen blank, and the only way to get out of this is by forcefully shutting it down and starting it up again. 2. When i...
  9. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121