Windows 10: Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

Discus and support Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mogwai, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Mogwai Win User

Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally

This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked everywhere online, tried at least 15 different solutions but to no awail. All wake timers disabled, all drivers are updated because there was an error with the graphics card so I figured that might be the problem, didn't help tho? Reset to default power settings in BIOS, fast boot disabled...
    wake source is unknown in event viewer, it's not media center because I don't have it, it's not a task schedule thing either

I'm going crazy with this *Sleepy

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. here's the energy report from today just in case

:)

Mogwai, Aug 1, 2016

2. windows 10 does not shut down properly

When I do a shut down, the laptop goes to sleep and will not wake up again. It does not shut down fully.

AndyJackson3, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Computer will not shut down

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Now my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode, and it won't shut down. I have to do a forced shut down so I can restart it and get back to work.

Alex Westbrook, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

1. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down - Similar Threads - Laptop immediately waking

2. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  3. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  4. Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.: Windows 10 Pro x-64, Ver. 1903 - With Sleep set, to 20 mun, it sleeps, but wakes immediately - within a few seconds. Curiously, the monitor, which is set to shut off at the same time, remains off. PC is a refurbished Dell 9010, with i-7 CPU.....
  5. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...
  7. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...
  8. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  9. Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!: When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was responsible. So yes, opening the lid when it is closed should wake the computer, but if the lid is open when the computer is...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121