Windows 10: Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community: I have a 7 year old Toshiba laptop (specs below) that originally came with Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 Home about 3 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Human Beaner, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10

Hello community:

I have a 7 year old Toshiba laptop (specs below) that originally came with Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 Home about 3 years ago and all went well. Just about 2 weeks ago I boot my computer and suddenly the keyboard is not working. I shut down the computer by holding down the power button, turn it on again but this this time I enter the BIOS screen. In the BIOS the keyboard works perfectly, the arrow keys work, F1-F12 keys work, CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK indicator lights turn on/off when pressed. I've tried all configurations in the BIOS to see if it solves the problem, including resetting the default configuration, but nothing works. As soon as the Windows 10 logo appears the keyboard stops responding. Interestingly enough, the CAPS LOCK indicator light turns on and it cannot be turned off when pressing. It goes off eventually and then the NUMS LOCK light does the same.

I've tried all standard procedures found in the internet, even mess with the registry. I've been able to solve other problems by following online tutorials, but not this time. Microsoft Tech Support remote accessed my laptop and did all sorts of troubleshooting but nothing worked. The keyboard drive in device manager is not detecting any problem, and it says the device is working correctly.

The problem, as I said, started 2 weeks ago and my Windows 10 Home version at the time was 1803. Windows never upgraded to version 1809. As part of trying to solve the problem, I did a complete clean install of Windows version 1903. The upgrade went well but the keyboard still doesn't work on Windows. A connected USB keyboard does work.

Please help. All the specs are here:

Toshiba Satellite P755D Laptop

Processor: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

System type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display

OS Edition: Windows 10 Home

OS version: 1903

OS installation date: 6/1/2019

OS build: 18362.145

Thanks.

:)

Human Beaner, Jun 7, 2019

2. Built-in laptop keyboard works in BIOD but not in Windows

Since that is the case and even updating the device driver does not allow the built-in keyboard to work in Windows 10, we suggest that you uninstall the current device driver of the built-in keyboard. Doing this will allow the system to install a clean copy
    of the device driver and correct any errors.

You can follow the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the device driver for your built-in keyboard that is available through this

link
    . Refer to the last section of the article where the steps are indicated.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Built-in laptop keyboard works in BIOD but not in Windows

Hi Garrick,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your laptop's built-in keyboard is not working properly. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or device drivers that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Prior to the issue occurring with the built-in keyboard in your laptop, were there any recent changes made or updates that
      were installed on your laptop?
    • When you attempted to update the device driver, were there any error messages that showed up?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed on your laptop?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10

Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10

1. Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop built keyboard

2. Laptop built-in keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop built-in keyboard isn't working.: So, a basic description, my laptop started having issues since the 11th, the keyboard used to work good before that. Now like from a few hours one by one, a key stops working and idk why, first the 'e' key stopped working then the 'r' then some others keys stopped working. I...
  3. Laptop built-in keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop built-in keyboard isn't working.: So, a basic description, my laptop started having issues since the 11th, the keyboard used to work good before that. Now like from a few hours one by one, a key stops working and idk why, first the 'e' key stopped working then the 'r' then some others keys stopped working. I...
  4. Laptop built-in keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop in-built keyboard doesn't work properly Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop in-built keyboard doesn't work properly Window 10: Hi,I had problems with my laptop.1. Password field automatically fill with continuous black dots2. Always automatically add a dot sometimes continuous dots after letter 'L' and 'O', and sometimes other letters as well3. Automatically add continuous dots after a dot and...
  6. Laptop in-built keyboard doesn't work properly Window 10

Laptop in-built keyboard doesn't work properly Window 10: Hi,I had problems with my laptop.1. Password field automatically fill with continuous black dots2. Always automatically add a dot sometimes continuous dots after letter 'L' and 'O', and sometimes other letters as well3. Automatically add continuous dots after a dot and...
  7. Laptop in-built keyboard doesn't work properly Window 10

8. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop: Hello community,I ran a 22 kb application did not recieve any warnings about it from antiviruses thinking it was meant to apply an update to another application as it has an appropriate name, but as soon as I presses it, Cybersight Ransomstopper detected it and reported that...
  9. built in keyboard laptop

built in keyboard laptop: How to permanently disable laptops built in keyboard in windows 10 latest version ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-keyboard-laptop/5e5b434a-6ace-4190-821c-24dc97226fa5
  10. Built-in keyboard not working in laptop

Built-in keyboard not working in laptop: Hello, I want to ask a question My keyboard that built-in on my Acer Aspire 3 laptop Aspire A514-51K is not working at all I tried to type, use the Fn, clicking ctrl+alt+del, and many more. Those all things doesn't work except for the power button. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inbuilt keyboards not working in laptop window 10

2. inbuilt keyboard in windows 10