Windows 10: Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used

Discus and support Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKvwshOnms Video of what is happening ^ I realize that the lag only occurs whenever the % on the task manager is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Song H., Aug 3, 2020.

1. Song H. Win User

Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKvwshOnms

Video of what is happening ^

I realize that the lag only occurs whenever the % on the task manager is being updated.

This happens in discord, skype, TeamSpeak, or just voice recording.

I have a Lenovo 720, I found a similar issue from 2 years ago:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ice-coms/92249e18-568b-49bf-98bb-da01fb6b1291

Is this an issue only on 2-in-1/Lenovo laptops?

It was fixed for a bit but after an update, it came back I don't know the time frame for this.

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled microphone, sound, audio, and keyboard drivers.

Some other information:

BIOS Version: LENOVO 1YCN40WWV2.07, 5/25/2018 / UEFI

I have Intel Graphics Card, not NVidia

Windows Version: Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 I am part of the insider program, but this issue has been happening long before it so it is not the new updates that are causing this

Thanks in advance.

:)

Song H., Aug 3, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used

Unable to use Microphone

Hi Braden,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?
    4. Have you tried using a different headset?
    5. Did you try using the Microphone on a different PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try running the Microphone troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Recoding Audio.
    3. Click on Recording Audio and click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2:

Try changing the accessibility settings of Microphone. Refer the article

Fix microphone problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used

1. Laptop/In game lag whenever microphone is being used - Similar Threads - Laptop game lag

2. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my laptop. One time when I was in vacation, I wasn't able to use my laptop for some time. A weeks maybe. When I tried to use it again, it won't work the same as it used to. The laptop's performance was really bad. It was lagging and...
  3. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my laptop. One time when I was in vacation, I wasn't able to use my laptop for some time. A weeks maybe. When I tried to use it again, it won't work the same as it used to. The laptop's performance was really bad. It was lagging and...
  4. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for a long time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for a long time.: Hi I really need help with my laptop. I'm a college student. I've been using this laptop for a long time now. One time during vacation, I wasn't able to use it for a long time. When I was about to use it again, it's not working properly. The laptop was so slow and lagging....
  5. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for a long time.

Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for a long time.: Hi I really need help with my laptop. I'm a college student. I've been using this laptop for a long time now. One time during vacation, I wasn't able to use it for a long time. When I was about to use it again, it's not working properly. The laptop was so slow and lagging....
  6. My laptop glitches whenever I use my microphone

My laptop glitches whenever I use my microphone: This started right about this morning, so basically I tried to turn on my laptop fully charged but it wasn't turning on. Thankfully it did turn on after a few minutes of plugging the charger in, but then once I joined my zoom class it started glitching and was giving me those...
  7. Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased: Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased.Windows 10 Sound Quality also decereases.For Example i cannot use Voice Chat while playing games cuz in game sound quality becomes terrible. Is there any way to disable this?...
  8. Headphones microphone is not being used.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones microphone is not being used.: I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the headphones microphone. I don't see it pop up when I plug it in anymore and I have looked up various ways to undo this but only to...
  9. In game input lag whenever I use voice coms

In game input lag whenever I use voice coms: Hi, I had an issue a few weeks ago about input lag in game that was as follow : Anytime I use voice chats (Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, in-game voice chat, etc...), I experience input lag in-game. This occurs to all multiplayer games I have tried so far. When I press a key...
  10. In game input lag whenever I use voice coms

In game input lag whenever I use voice coms: Anytime I use voice coms (Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, in-game voice chat, etc...), I experience input lag in-game. This occurs to all multiplayer games I have tried so far. When I press a key the command happens as if there was an input lag, happening up to a few seconds late,...